• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 19Cutlass94

• Euro

• ZoomZoomFan

• Rdrckt_92

I despise my Grand Am. It has apparently decided to quit being nice, and it makes me sad. Here's a list of what's currently wrong:

1.) Squealing/grinding brakes (full brake job needed = $)

2.) Low on power steering fluid, overly sensitive and twitchy steering, whining as I turn

3.) Sputters/sometimes dies after every start up

4.) Squeak/chatter from suspension when going over bumps

5.) Holding gears longer than it used to (taking longer to shift)

All of this has come up literally in the past two days.

The power steering died on my TGP on Monday... had to drive it for 2 days with no power steering..... that really sucked! I replaced it today with a BRAND NEW power steering pump and it steers as smooth as butter now. :high5:

I love my TGP. Id love it more if the brakes didnt suck tho. Damn pm3 crap. Plus now all kinds of random stuff has stopped working. Power locks, the lumbar and power seat, the door speakers and the power antena Im hoping its just a blown fuse.

PMIII's are awesome if they work right- my TGP will outstop most cars on the road as-is. I'm guessing you have a blown fuse, like you said.

That said, I love my TGP! :mrgreen:

I've driven a TGP and a Cutlass International with PM3. The fact that they stop so well proves the point that the stock brake system at the wheels are NOT A PROBLEM (when working right like the rears aren't siezed). It's the damn compact "traditional" master cylinder that GM decided to use.