Who else hates their car?!

19Cutlass94

... besides me...

I spent the last 4 hours taking the rear coilovers off the car, rebuilding the mounts and putting a bushing on the bottom of the spring. Since one never came there :rolleyes: Took the mount off and it looked perfect. Score +1! Everything looked great, and I also had to put the top bushing back on since it decided to slide off the first week of driving... So after 4 hours of swearing, things not working the way they should have, and breaking tools, the coilovers are back on the car. Not to mention it took a month to get these damn bushings, numerous phone calls, and the bushings arnt even exactly like what I wanted. If this doesnt work the car is going to the fucking crusher. I couldnt tell you how many times the thing has had alignments this yr alone. Add that to the fact that it was about 100* inside the garage...

Tomorrow I need to get the air gun out, get everything tight including checking the trailing arms to make sure they are tight, then try to get an alignment tomorrow so I can have the car for the friday night to hang out with the locals. So if all goes right, Ill have no noise from these coilovers at all and Ill be a happy person.

ok sorry /rant

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 19Cutlass94

• Euro

• ZoomZoomFan

• Rdrckt_92

i'll just leave it at the last time i added up my receipt book i was in at minimum $10,000 and that was about 1.5 years ago now.

I mean I realize people have spent more time and money on theirs than I have on mine, but I HATE it when shit fucks up and I HATE doing the same thing more than once. This is the 3rd time Ive had these coilovers off the car.

I dont even dare add up what I have into the car. I dont know and I honestly dont want to know. :lol:

If those coilover kits were so great I'd have put a set on my car too. Well, here I sit with 164k original suspension (minus struts and swaybars) doing good here :) Just sell them to someone else, let it be their headache.

The only complaint I had about them was that they were soo damn noisey. But not anymore. The top bushing ( on top of the mount ) fell off within a week of driving, so putting that back on, with the proper washer, and putting the bottom bushing on solved the problem. The other noise I was having was that the inner sway bar links where loose. So I tightened them up with a 2' breaker bar :lol: I guess I was just pissed cause something that much money didnt have a 10 dollar pair of bushings already installed on them, and I had to take everything apart to fix the problem. But then again if I was smart I would have done it in the first place :lol: I sure as hell hope the Helds do ( for the people that order those ) But believe it or not, the car rides better lowered than it did at stock height!

i am currently not loving the sqeaking noise i am getting from the front right strut are since i lowered my car. so i get to take it apart and figure out why, yay for me. other than that, i like my car A-OK.

It would be nice to see GM step up and admit to their failures and fix the major issues on these cars. Then again it would have to happen to pretty much all of their production line back 10 years to make amends. Then it wouldnt be so bad.

Whats a driver to do?

I don't hate mine. The van needs a few things and the car needs....a lot.....But I certainly don't hate them as neither has failed to start recently.

The truck...I hated.

I called to get an alignment today.... yeah back up till july 9th! LOL so Im gonna be driving around on the winter tires for the next week or so...atleast Ill have my next paycheck by then!

But I guess they cant do rear alignments only? Its either front or all 4? ohh well I got the car fixed today... finally. So the car is all set besides that alignment issue. Deff didnt enjoy working on it.