front lowering problem

GutlessSupreme

So I'm installing the strut towers back into the front of the STE. New KYBs, new boots, new upper mounts, new lower spring perches/bearings, and Intrax lowering springs.

Driver's side is in and seems mint.

On the passenger side, however, the spring perch/bearing will not sit how it's supposed to on the top of the strut tower. It sits level instead of angled downward, and it seems very loose. I can't figure out for the life of me why it's doing this. Has anyone else had this problem? It seems like it sits better on the driver's side because of the position the bottom half of the spring is in (the end sits somewhere close to the fender which puts tension on the spot where it's supposed to be angled down, whereas on the passenger side the bottom of the spring is closer to the outside of the wheel well, opposite of where the bearing needs downward pressure).

It could just be normal, since the springs are so much shorter than stock that it just doesn't have enough force on the spring perch with the car off the ground, and maybe it'll sit better once it's sitting on the car's weight, but I want to make sure.

hhhmmmmmm interesting, but I haven';t much of a clue.

I did dismantle and remount a front strut with the OEM spring... but I think you are saying that the spring is not very tense against the top plate?

hhhmmmmmm interesting, but I haven';t much of a clue.

I did dismantle and remount a front strut with the OEM spring... but I think you are saying that the spring is not very tense against the top plate?

well, bottom plate.

What if you were to rotate the spring?

there's a notch in the upper spring insulator that has to line up with the mount that bolts to the body, so there's only one way the spring should go.