Console juggernaut *Update 4/2*

Dirty Rockstar

It's not an International, so which symbol should I throw on the console?  

1. 1. It's not an International, so which symbol should I throw on the console?

• "Classic" rocket
    • "Contemporary" rocket
    • Other (SPECIFY!)

I intend to Rob.. I might take one i have here though and light it up.. It would look pretty spiffy..

..FOr the win, what Olds did the "contemporary" rocket in my pic come from?

What about the shifter handles from the earlier GPs?? Or are they the same as the Cutlass??

THeyre different.. I like those also.. But the gray may be "off" in a Cutlass interior..

I had one in the Whale that was out of a Pontiac, I'm sure. I got it off Slick, he doesn't remember what it came from.

I love it those, nice and fat.

Maybe a Bonneville?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I tore the console apart again.. I need to get a taller shifter.. Bottom line.. No matter what I do for a boot, the angle of the 95 cutty shifter is too extreme, especially when it is in park..

..Also, the idea I had to illuminate a rocket is no go on this console.. Would be too big, and not liike remotely factory.. COntemporary rocket it is, counter sunk into the console..

..Should be able to finish up this weekend when I get the taller shifter..

what I did with mine, which I don't know if applies to the 95 one or not, is there are three different size plastic thingys that close off the hole, you know, rectangles? and I left the biggest one in, and it takes up enough space so that the boot doesnt come off, but still goes in and stays nicely. i think that made sense :thinking:

hmmm, I guess I can't help too much without being able to compare the 94 to the 95. I ended up putting my stock leather T back on with the boot for now, just looks much better, especially since now all the gray grain pieces are painted black

Basically look at your shifter with the handle off, and imagine cutting it down.. (Cutting it off where the slots are for the shifter to mate to; if THAT makes sense..) Thats about how short the 95 shifter is.. Also, the 95 unit has a more extreme angel to the front when in park (Making the 'span' it makes from 'P' to '1' much larger..)

• 1 month later...

Im kinda diggin it.. Also picked up these guys for the front and back:

IMG_0878.jpg

If you dont mind me askin but WHERE DID YOU GET THESE???