adding hud to my 94 cutty

rockfangd

still dont know what to do about mounting. Also does anyone have any ideas about the fuel light. It flckers at full and stays on all the time. the wire is wire into the fuel wire colored purple. That is the only non working thing

Hmm...odd let me find out if that was happening before. But if it is something wrong with the unit, we'll be talking.

Also in the few pics earlier on in the thread, there is pictures of where the mounting bracket mounts to the dash. There should be 3-4 7 mm screws holding it into the dash(not the dash pad)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rockfangd

• Crazy K

• Bake82

• ManicMechanic

the mounting plate has been modified, and the original retainers were all removed :(

as for the light, I have the same problem, I don't know where to find any.

lol i had to laugh really hard today because i filled up my tank today the light went off but it seems to flicker to the bass of my stereo. lolol. Werd. i do not understand but it did make me laugh :mrgreen:

well see there was only one socket even in it when i bought the unit so all i can see is HU and the orange slider. lol. So i need the sockets and the bulbs

manic.... I have not found ones to fit! I haven't looked in any help section in AZ or anywhere yet....

yeah, my pile of bulbs had not a single interchangable one, so the used cluster bulbs are a now go.

but I have not attempted buying new ones.

After taking apart the dash in my car, I have come to the conclusion that the cluster sockets will fit with a slight modification.

The locking tangs on the cluster lights are too long and will need to be cut and filed down to the correct length.

Pics below.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone tell me if i have to add a diode to my fuel wire for the hud to get the fuel to work. When i fill it full it goes off but flickers when i get to 25 miles and stays on by the time i get to 50 miles. So basically the gas gauge stays on for the whole tank of gas. ANyone else had this problem.