• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rockfangd

• Crazy K

• Bake82

• ManicMechanic

I suggest you post pics of what you have done.

I cut a charocoal dashpad and it is bolted down 100 % and cannot be distinguished from stock HUD dash, unless you actually open up the dash to look.

You may need to salvage some clips to add the screw in points for the two forward tray mounts, and the rear of the tray mounts to the top bolts of the cluster.

The front of the HUD locks down and then two bolts go into the rear of the HUD to finalize it You may wish to add spacers to adjust the rear of the HUD, as the spacer built into the HUD dash is absent.

I suggest a phone conversatation. pm me.

hey i got a the 92 cutty with the charcoal hud and everything i can take pics tonight if you want and post them? i already have mine apart due to my frustrations with my UB3 but yeah i could take some pics for ref if you want?

well even though i did measurements i believe i cut thehole too far forward so it his the top of the cluster at the adjuster. I will have to post pics. If i remove the bottom plate it sits perfect but i cannot adjust it. If i leave the plate on it wont seat properly :mad:

post those pics! I got your PM's

maybe you are going about it wrong.... the metal plate bolts to the dash substraight before the dash pad goes down, and then the Hud drops in from above. I also understand you have a few other issues?

phone call later..... oh, i should ask for it to be after 9pm eastern so my minutes are free, unless you have verizon. that cool?

anyone know why my gas gauge on the hud would flicker. BEfore i filled my tank today the gauge was lit, when i filled my tank it went off :cool: right. No of course not :mad: i went to start my car tonight and it is still full but i flickers. Also if someone could send me DIS pinouts i would appreciate it. I cant seem to get the buttons to light up. I checked the grey wire for the parking lights and it tests fine so i do not understand. thanks to all in advance

heres a few pics. I didnt feel like pulling the pad out today so i wil post those after

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

Looks good George!! Sorry I never got those pics...I was stupid busy...and I saw you got pics from the guy above anyways!

Good job!

Looks good George!! Sorry I never got those pics...I was stupid busy...and I saw you got pics from the guy above anyways!

Good job!

well it may look nice but i do believe that the hole cut into th pad is not in the correct spot. I still want to try to get an actual hud pad. i dont care about shipping

I see the probelm. the metal tray is hacked all to hell in a handbasket. NONE of the 4 mounting points is present!

i can take a better pic of the plate if needed. I figured something was not right. What about the hole on the pad and the positioning of the unit. Good or bad :mrgreen: :mad:

I see the probelm. the metal tray is hacked all to hell in a handbasket. NONE of the 4 mounting points is present!

i can take a better pic of the plate if needed. I figured something was not right. What about the hole on the pad and the positioning of the unit. Good or bad :mrgreen: :mad:

Seriously? I didn't put the bracket into the car I took it out of. If you want I do believe there was a bracket that the guy made. I could take it off and mail it to you if you want? Let me know...

Seriously? I didn't put the bracket into the car I took it out of. If you want I do believe there was a bracket that the guy made. I could take it off and mail it to you if you want? Let me know...

well that would be highly appreciated. I dont understand because i never modified the plate. I only modified the dash pad. Can someone sow e what the plate is supposed to look like please. maybe the plate is why i am so damn aggrivated :mad:

• 3 weeks later...

ok so here re some pis of the hud i completed in my 94. The one thing i have to say is that the display is clear as day. It couldnt be any better :mrgreen:. Everything works except the fuel, which is unknown. I wired it in but it flickers at full and anything less it is always on :willynilly: altogether i am very highly satisfied with the feature and if i could do it anyone can :mrgreen:

Does anyone know where i can get the lights for the hud switch as i only have one operational. Is there cluster bulbs that would work maybe

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

still dont know what to do about mounting. Also does anyone have any ideas about the fuel light. It flckers at full and stays on all the time. the wire is wire into the fuel wire colored purple. That is the only non working thing