396whp and 473wtq!!!!!!

kuntzie

i see......hey which turbo is rated for more HP between the two pictured the holset custom or the turbonetics (any model/size info for either)......either way i love the mouth on the turbonetics....so smooth and agressive looking....probably can't hurt performance either i wouldn't suspect!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kuntzie

• GOT2B GM

• AWeb80

• Euro

Top Posters In This Topic

well i would assume mine is rated for more power as it has bigger wheels ect. the inlet or mouth as you call it.. mine has an anti-surge compressorand thats why it does not look as smooth to the compressor wheel. i started working on the polishing of the turbo on the weekend and should be done soon enough

Yeah, Jeff's turbo is definitely bigger and I'm sure it's rated an easy 50 HP more than mine. My turbo is a 60-1 with a P-trim turbine wheel in a .68 A/R housing, and it should be good for 500 HP. Either way, we are both going to be breaking transmissions this year. :razz:

Yeah, Jeff's turbo is definitely bigger and I'm sure it's rated an easy 50 HP more than mine. My turbo is a 60-1 with a P-trim turbine wheel in a .68 A/R housing, and it should be good for 500 HP. Either way, we are both going to be breaking transmissions this year. :razz:

mine is a 67-1 turbine wheel.. turbo DSM have made it in to the 600+ whp whith a similar turbo to mine (same housings)

"Either way, we are both going to be breaking transmissions this year." :lol:

meh not so much... mine will more be

" i will only blow 1 transmission this year "

im done with the 5-speeds once the 1st one goes

i dont have enough 5-speed trans to be dealing with that shit... fully built 6-speed FTW :wink:

My turbo is a 60-1 with a P-trim turbine wheel in a .68 A/R housing

That's basically what I ran, but with a .7 A/R turbine section. It ran well, but I never was able to get down the track with more than 10 psi. 16 psi it sheared the axle, broke 1 tranny, and a couple of more axles. It didn't do too bad, though. Official dyno was 310 wheel HP @ 7 psi and 430 @ 16 psi. I ran it as high as 19, but I could only guess what it was there.

That motor will soon receive 2 GT28RS's or something slightly bigger to go into the MGB.

On another note, the basically stock rebuilt 3.1 (which is now in the Cavalier) with a 46 Trim 04E and a .48 A/R stage 2 turbine didn't do to bad. 217 wheel HP @ 4.5 psi. I never got a peak HP run (boost controller sucked ass, so it ran 8 psi until 3800, then dropped quickly to 4.5) but at 3300 rpm and 8 psi it did 305 wheel ft lbs.

I looked at my T25s in the garage today and almost cried.

I told Jay(xtremelumina92) when he had one sitting in his garage that it was a baby turbo.

i can get a side by side comarision of the 2 for fun

^ i havent met up with my buddy to take the pic yet but i made some more progress on the tgp.

yes so the interior has beeen re-stripped (minus rear seats/ carpet)- dash ect is out for a couple of surprises im doing to the car... i decided not to rush getting it out and do a few other cool things. its gunna be a couple of weeks to finish my plans. nothing mojor but cool IMO

also heres a hint but you still wont know what i got accomplished.... i will be stopping alot better this year :twisted:

I have a spare T25 in my garage......

perfect... maybe we can meet up tomorrow :) matt i might let you in on the brake situation as you might be intrested for one of your 3 w's