• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kuntzie

• GOT2B GM

• AWeb80

• Euro

Top Posters In This Topic

it ran, but with tonnes of issues that im working on fixing, 1st major problem was injectors were too small, intercooler piping had to be flared as the t-bolts wernet holding on the piping, my header had a small leak, my pmIII is acting up, and my clutch is one crazy sun of a bitch. oh ya and the car had a hard time idling, its sitting, aprat once again, maybe 40 miles on the motor

• 5 months later...

i took it for a winter ride today to get the exhaust done as well as a couple of other things.

ill have pics up in a couple of mins

edit

heres just one pic

carjan08030.jpg

gettting the work done in cambridge matt..

FWIW i was running 4 psi when driving the car there. i plan on dyno tuning it the first week of march then getting it back on the road legally haha

Nope, I'm now using new

headers that are similar to 3.8 ones

they are stainless 10 ga I think I've also got a new turbosmart

dual horn megasonic bov

oh yes the headers and x-over use vbands :)

Im looking into shortened dogbones like th gen2 guys

can get.

Interior is combing out when I get the car back on Wednesday and the Gto seats will be going in

Nope, I'm now using new

headers that are similar to 3.8 ones

they are stainless 10 ga I think I've also got a new turbosmart

dual horn megasonic bov

oh yes the headers and x-over use vbands :)

Im looking into shortened dogbones like th gen2 guys

can get.

Interior is combing out when I get the car back on Wednesday and the Gto seats will be going in

log style? I will come down in a few weeks and pick up the headers if your buddy is not buying them!

• 2 weeks later...

well guys, by the time most read this the car will be running 100%, the kit will only take about an hour to install. as you could imagine there is a tonne of money into this.... the intercooler piping is just 2 total pieces, no unnecessary couplers ect are needed.

the headers, downpipe and wastegale use all v-band for ease of removal and installiation.

everything is tig welded. the exhaust piping will all be going in for ceramic coating on monday aswell, i plan on driving the car tomorrow just be sure of no leaks ect before it is done... although im positive ther is no issues as the welds are amiizing.

also please note the extremely loud 2.5" dumppipe + the turbosmart megasonic BOV that will make even the deaf here agian...

try not to get to excited ...

turbostuff013.jpg

turbostuff012.jpg

turbostuff011.jpg

turbostuff010.jpg

turbostuff009.jpg

turbostuff008.jpg

turbostuff007.jpg

turbostuff006.jpg

turbostuff005.jpg

turbostuff003.jpg

turbostuff002.jpg

turbostuff001.jpg

where is the turbo flange and turbo back pipiing

Looks great....but how can you get away w/ no flex pipe? won't the heads expand?

the orig x-over pipes made by jeff M used no flex pipes, it will be fine... the turbo flange is a v band aswell, and its on the downpipe

im assumming the back piping you speak of is the downpipe, its also picture, its in 2 piece in a couple of the pics

where is the turbo flange and turbo back pipiing

Looks great....but how can you get away w/ no flex pipe? won't the heads expand?

im assumming the back piping you speak of is the downpipe, its also picture, its in 2 piece in a couple of the pics

o whooops....

<----- dur

My car had one of those non flex bellowed pipes on it but it broke on the flange. Better than messing up the heads or block or manifolds, if thats even possible. Its not a Y-style one though. it probably has more chance of surviving. the turbo L67s use something very similar, why dont they use flex bellows on those? I was wondering that as well.