warwgn3

I can't believe how clean the inside of my car looks now. I just got fed up with getting into a car with an interior loaded with old stains, dust, and dirt. So today I went to Crappy Tire, and got some carpet/aphosltry cleaner, febreese, and armor all, and went at it.

I spent about 2 hours vacuuming, shampooing the floor mats, front and back carpet, vacuuming the seats, washing the dash, console, front door, A&B Pillars with dish soap and hot water, and a little bit of armor all.

My car doesn't seem to look like as much as a POS as it used too. And I'm not even finished.

Tomorrow, my bro is taking my car to school to see if he can it alligned, but when he gets home, (if it's still light out), I'm going to vaccum and shampoo the carpet areas under the seats, and on the doors, as well as the seatbelt fabric, and possibly the trunk carpet. And when I'm done all that, I'm going to spray everything with febreese, to get rid of the stench.

Also, while I was at Crappy Tire, I picked up a pair of convex mirrors, to stick on the side rear view mirrors, and in anticipation of recieving Slick's front corner lenses, I also got a couple of light sockets to clamp in them.

I'll have pics when I finish all the work.

Cool man! I dunno don't wet the seat belts too much...that isn't good for them..

The trunk liner you might as well just take out of the trunk and spray it down with a hose (if it's still warm enough in your area)...

good look forward to seeing pics!

I'm not going to do all the seatbelts, just the stained ones. The drivers one is the worst.

I wonder if I can just put the trunk carpet in the washing machine with the laundry. On second thought, my Mom would get pissed if she caught me doing that. The daytime temps here are in the single digits, but atleast its above freezing.

I don't know why, but the angle of that pic almost makes the car look like a B-Body Impala/Caprice.

luminasig.jpg

Do you have a power washer? The easiest and best way to clean floor mats/other carpet that is not in the vehicle is to spray it with a good multipurpose cleaner, scrub it with a brush, then blast water till it comes clean. It's easiest to do this when they are hung up against a wall or something, and you can use an ice scraper to push excess water off the mats then let it dry.

i think you should just give up and buy a truck. from the pictures you can't really tell much of a difference other than the car get used and worked hard.

Hate to say it but I'm with him. :confused:

your cb radio and mic, thats the EXACT position the guy before me put his. I still have the holes on the dash from where the mic clip was(exact same spot) and where the actual radio was(exact spot)

it's an improvement but you definately could spend another day on the carpets...

I don't know why, but the angle of that pic almost makes the car look like a B-Body Impala/Caprice.

luminasig.jpg

I dunno...certain angles of my car have a sorta muscle type look.....then other it loooks like a happy family car hahaha..

what do you think of this one:

http://www.solidstorage.net//files/2/DSCN1510.JPG

your cb radio and mic, thats the EXACT position the guy before me put his. I still have the holes on the dash from where the mic clip was(exact same spot) and where the actual radio was(exact spot)

Really? Did the guy before you also destroy the ash tray with a pair of tin snips, only to keep the metal part that slides in the rails, using it as a mounting bracket, cause he didn't smoke, so he didn't see the point of having an ash tray?

haha no, my interior is pretty much mint minus the spots where the cb was

Yeah, my interior is far from mint. When you buy a car from a guy that works as a mechanic, has 2 kids, who drove it every day, and was given the car to him from his father that smoked.... there's no way, you can expect a like-new interior, after being subjected to that kind of abuse for 15 years.

I'm not saying my car has the cleanest interior, but atleast I made an effort to try to clean it as best, and as cheaply as I can. And it does look, and smell alot better than it did.