Converti-holic's Anonymous: own a vert? tell us who you are what you've got

Crazy K

Hi, I'm Jake, I have a 1994 3.4, electronic climate control, rear buckets, graphite interior 87,000 mi, was teal recently painted Ford Windveil Blue (new mustang color). Bought it for $500 over a year ago had to replace driver door and fix some other stuff. The interior is completely out, need to fix a few electrical issues, and put back together, hopefully by spring. I live in MA, born in 1963. I tried to post some pics but not being computer literate it just made me want to throw my computer through the F%#@$ng window!

I got my son to assist and the computer remains on the warm side of the window.

cutlasspics017.jpg

cutlasspics005.jpg

Hi Jake, nice project you have going there. I like that color also.

I hear you about the computer...my son is a computer whiz and has solved many an issue for me too. :lol:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psych0matt

• Crazy K

• ManicMechanic

• GutlassSupreme

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Chad and I am a Cutaholic. I currently have a 91 convertible and live in NC just south of Raleigh. Here is my car as it sits today. It is totally stock right now, I paid $135 for it a year ago.

Cutlasspicsaftetop5.jpg

Chad

Hi, my name is Chad and I am a Cutaholic. I currently have a 91 convertible and live in NC just south of Raleigh. Here is my car as it sits today. It is totally stock right now, I paid $135 for it a year ago.

Cutlasspicsaftetop5.jpg

Chad

$135?!?!?! And it actually ran and everything when you bought it? What a steal!

Oh, welcome to the madness.

O no, it didnt run when I got it. It needed a fuel pump and the dope left the fuel tank out for 8 YEARS!. Also needed a top, tires, brakes, etc.. I replaced the fuel sending unit along with the filter, and gave it a tune up before I started it. But it does run pretty well now. The body is in the exact condition though, and the interior is also. I had it detailed and was SHOCKED at how clean it came out.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My name is Richard, and I am not ashamed to say that I too am a Cutlass fanatic, and finally (well for a couple of years now) a proud convertible owner after drooling over them for 15 years or so.

Way up here in sunny Ontario, Canada, I finally managed to snag a '93 White w/burgundy interior a few years back, after havng owned a '90 International Sedan (loved it), '94 Coupe, and a '95 Sedan (currently still driving a '98 Regal GS 3.8L S/C, all I can say is awesome motor, I was impressed when it was new, and continue to be today). Yes, I like w-body cars. The Supreme '92-95 coupe style is I think the best looking body style GM has made in a very long time (and makes a damn mean looking Pro Stock drag racer when Warren Johnson used them way back when). The convertible is in my opinion by far the best convertible ever. People's jaws drop when they see the car and realize 4 TALL people can sit in any seat even with the roof up and not feel squashed, and with the roof down you can still fit a ton of stuff in the trunk. Everyone who sees it just plain loves this car.

Anyway, my car came 100% factory with 182,000km (112,000mi) on it. No rust, but needs bits and pieces to make it look newer.

Currently equipped:

3.4L (original still gets 20-21mpg without driving like my grandmother), added bonus is the really nice rear end treatment with the 3.4L, suits the body style perfectly

New black top (no leaks), burgundy boot (white original looked tan)

DIC

Factory radio (it seems to be playing the Beach Boys a lot when it is sunny and warm and the roof is down)

Steering wheel controls

Analogue gauges (soon to be upgraded to UB3, I loved it in my '90 International, can't wait to get it in there, best digital guage set I have ever seen)

Speakers getting upgraded to modest 2 way coax, 1 each blown front and rear factory speakers

New steel monoleaf, and new rear struts so the rear end actually stays on the road and doesn't rattle your fillings out

Leather buckets, but the front need new stuffing as I cannot image the size of the guy who used to drive this car

Sawblades (refinished 2 years ago)

New Falken 912 225/60R16 all around and these seem to suit the car perfectly.

I plan to restore the car to as close to as new condition as I can over time, and cannot begin to imagine getting rid of it. Getting a HUD would be cool, but finding one is getting hard, and finding a burgundy one even harder.

Funny, when my '95 lease expired (as well as the seal on the aftermarket sunroof, ruining my headliner), I went to get a new car and was offered the Intrigue. What a piece of, well, you all know. The Olds dealer brought over the Buick from another dealer and I was sold in about 2 seconds. I could not believe the difference considering it was the same chassis. The Buick is another amazing car. I cannot see getting rid of it either until the wheels fall off.

Hi, I'm Scott and I've got a '94 Cutlass Supreme Convertible. 3.4 DOHC package with Bright Aqua Metallic exterior and white top and interior. 73,000 miles and still running great.

47b8df33b3127cceb43f4b6ec8b900000026102AbOXLVi4Ysp

47b8df33b3127cceb43f3202887100000026102AbOXLVi4Ysp

47b8df33b3127cceb43f4272883900000026102AbOXLVi4Ysp

• 2 months later...

Hi I am Ross and I own a 94 cutlass convertible and a 94 nissan 300zx convertible. Both cars are mine I just bought the cutlass as a larger convertible to drive around with my 8 month old daughter. By the time my z is complete I can sit her front facing in the 2 seater z but I will still keep the cutlass as a daily driver. I will post pics when I take some.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Jake, I have a 1994 3.4, electronic climate control, rear buckets, graphite interior 87,000 mi, was teal recently painted Ford Windveil Blue (new mustang color). Bought it for $500 over a year ago had to replace driver door and fix some other stuff. The interior is completely out, need to fix a few electrical issues, and put back together, hopefully by spring. I live in MA, born in 1963. I tried to post some pics but not being computer literate it just made me want to throw my computer through the F%#@$ng window!

I got my son to assist and the computer remains on the warm side of the window.

cutlasspics017.jpg

cutlasspics005.jpg

That's a nice ass color!

I just posted some pics of it completed in Member's Rides section if anyone is interested.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Mitch & I've got a stock 94. with a 3.4, just turned 70K; white ext;& top, garnet int.

Located in Ontario Canada where I haven't seen a single one (seen two 93's in the area for sale, but that's it.) Would like to hear form any other 88-95 conv. owners in our province. email contact: meacheal@rogers.com

Thanks

I'm Mitch & I've got a stock 94. with a 3.4, just turned 70K; white ext;& top, garnet int.

Located in Ontario Canada where I haven't seen a single one (seen two 93's in the area for sale, but that's it.) Would like to hear form any other 88-95 conv. owners in our province. email contact: meacheal@rogers.com

Thanks

Got any pictures? There's an Ontario thread floating around, let me find it...

Thanks

Yeah...i think he started it...:cool:

Welcome!

Thanks

Yeah...i think he started it...:cool:

Welcome!

Oh, just figured his other post was elsewhere...didn't read it, can ya tell?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone, thanks for the welcome!

My name is Doug, live in Richmond, VA, and a proud owner of a 1995 Cutlass Convertible. Bought about a year ago and have been looking for parts ever since. Love the car, and to be fair, she has been great. Bought with about 85000 on the ticker, and she has always been garge kept. She came with the 10 slot rims, so the first purchase was a set of 5 spokes, and it has not stopped since. Everyone here has already helped me quite a bit. Thanks Again, Doug