• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psych0matt

• Crazy K

• ManicMechanic

• GutlassSupreme

• 2 weeks later...

Hi cutty fans, I'm Vince

I have a 94 blue CS convt. w/ gray interior and black top. Just biught the car a few months ago for my wife.

It's all original and stock. Car's in pretty good cond., but needs a few things. Man parts are hard to get for this convt.! But I'll just keep trying, cause we love this car.

[/img]

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

My name is Kaye and I'm a Converti-holic.

I have a 94 red CS with the 3.4

I bought it in 97 with just 23000 miles on it. Sold it in 99.

I bought it again (yes same car) in 2001

it now has 139000 miles on it, all original

only problem is the rear window, it's come loose at the bottom, top is in great shape (the drivers passenger side window does not work, but I can hear a clicking noise from under the dash.

Car has no rust, has had timing belt changed at 120000 miles.

This site is great, it has enabled me, a 50+ youngster LOL to do her own struts and alternator. Next job will be that pesky little O ring to stop an oil leak. You guys ROCK!! Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi all. While looking for a practical 4 seater convertible to buy in the Spring of 2004, I stumbled across the 90-95 Cutlass converter and decided I had to have one. I live in eastern Canada, so there are not many in this area, and most have seen some salt, so I started looking online.

1. In June 2004 I bought a teal 1994 with the 3.4 L engine and 64,000 miles on eBay for $4850 from a seller near Atlanta, Georgia. I flew down, got the car and drove it home. Although Carfax showed time in Michigan, it was immaculate inside and out and everything worked perfect. It had been kept in one family and had never seen salt. When the mechanic put the car on the hoist here to inspect it he could not believe how clean the car was underneath. I will probably never part with this car.

2. In January, 2005 I bid on a car in Massachusetts and ended up getting it for $1660. It was a red 1992, original paint, with the 3.1 L engine, and 129,000 miles. I flew down, picked up the car and drove it home. The car ran perfect, and was very clean underneath. The title showed that it was a one owner car - a lady in Cape Cod had owned it. The top had been replaced the summer before and was in excellent condition. My wife wasn't happy about this purchase, but when I told her it was hers, she eventually calmed down.

A co-worker bugged me for a year to sell him this car, and I eventually did. He now has over 170,000 miles on the car and it runs perfect and doesn't burn a drop of oil - you gotta love those 3.1 L engines.

3. In May 2005, I bought a white 1992 with the 3.1 L (all 92s had this engine) 95,000 miles for $1500 from a seller just south of Boston. The car was rough cosmetically but ran very well, and I spent a lot of time replacing the fog lights, painting the windshield metal trim, replacing a rear view mirror, etc. Once it was all fixed up, my brother expressed an interest in in and I sold the car to him for what I had in it.

4. In May 2005, I also purchased a dark green 2005 with the 3.4 L engine, and 65,000 miles, near Syracuse, N.Y. As this was the last year for the car, and the only year for this color, I wanted one in perfect condition. I flew down and drove the car home and while it was in very good shape, while going over it at home I noted the the passenger side door and front fender had both been damaged, repaired with body filler, and repainted. A good repair job, but not something I would keep. I quickly sold this car to a co-worker for what I had paid for it $4900.00

5.In October, 2005, I bought a second teal 1994 Cutlass with a 3.4 L engine and a claimed 81,000 miles from a seller near Syracuse for $1050.25. I flew down and drove the car home. This car was in rough shape. White roof was shot, carpets were in very bad shape, the car had previously been hit front and rear, and had been repaired, and there was a hint of rust in the usual places - the trunk lid, and behind the rear wheels.

Over the winter and spring I gutted the interior, put in a new carpet, and put a new black roof on. I had purchased the factory manual and VHS tape on replacing the roof and I took my time, and it went well, as did the carpet replacement. The car still needs a bit of mechanical work, but doesn't look too bad, and has been driven a fair bit. I still have this car.

6. In May 2006 I purchased another red 92. This one was also in the Syracuse area. It had 142,000 miles on it and I paid $1100 for it. I flew down and got the car and it ran very well mechanically. The roof and interior were in good shape, as was the original pain, which buffed up quite nicely. I had the bottom of the rear bench seat recovered, had "paintless dent repair" done to take out all of the dings on the car, and bought a set of 5 spoke alloy rims to replace the 10 slots that the car came with. The car is very clean underneath, and other than a couple of minor repairs, was in very good shape mechanically.

I still have 2 1994 teal convertibles with the 3.4 L (#1 and #5) and the red 1992 (#6). I will likely keep #1, but will sell the other two by word of mouth locally for at least enough to cover the $$$ I have in the cars. I would have bought more, but can only jam 3 in my 2 car garage. If I sell one, I will be looking for another.

I remain a fan of these cars and look forward to exchanging information and ideas on this board. I have lots of pictures to post - sorry for being so long winded in this section.

nice! welcome to the forum!

Thanks, as a result of these cars passing through my hands I've gotten very good at replacing hood release cables and handles, fog lights, CD players, boot covers, etc. I've also gotten good at sanding down and repainting the black metal frame around the windshields.

There are a few hard to find parts that I'm trying to get, but I'll post that on another board.

• 3 weeks later...

1994 Cutlass Supreme Vert.

Engine: 3.4L

Interior: Black On Black / Leather, Power Windows, Seat, Locks, steering etc.

Mods: Pioneer deck, 800W Vega Subwoofer w. 600W Sony Xplod Amp.

Future Mods: 80 spoke wheels, 800W amp., Coilovers, Maybe Turbo

my.php?image=picture0055ax1.jpg

picture0012xv9.jpg

picture0072jj8.jpg

WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE:

cutsup3cw0ro8.jpg

they look like crap because i havent lowered the car in the pic, im not sure who the member is but i borrowed ine of your pics to Chop to show.

PLEASE TEL ME YIUR USERNAME TO SHOW IT YOUR CAR THAT IS CHOPPED.

674323jn5.jpg

Fast Forward Performance is the only comany i know of and they dont make them any more. And in both pics. they look like crap. Spokes = puke.gif :willynilly:

Fast Forward Performance is the only comany i know of and they dont make them any more. And in both pics. they look like crap. Spokes = puke.gif :willynilly:

X 10 :willynilly:

lol to each his own, its either those or TSW's Carlton's (20's). still a toss up. i just need to lower my damn car, air ride ride now isnt practical but in the future yes.

tsw_carlton_cadillac_deville_1.jpgitem_116_tn.jpg

im lookin for that weekend cruiser/luxury look. thats the only way i see this car. 20x8.5's on soe 30 series tires will suit it i think. with a mild drop to eliminate wheel gap i think it would look pretty clean on triple black.

im lookin for that weekend cruiser/luxury look. thats the only way i see this car. 20x8.5's on soe 30 series tires will suit it i think.

I think you've got the wrong idea. The way your potraying it, your looking more for the g-unit/homie g/boyz in da hood look.

:thumbsdown: hardcore to spokes. and I'm not a big fan of the blingage TSW rims either.

you probably wouldn't even really need to lower it with 20s.