who know offset calculations?

Cam'ron

stock offset on my OEM 16x6.5 rims is 52mm

what offset should i be using on a 18x7.5 rim

i might have found a set of hyperblacks in 18" at the american racing warehouse, turns out they used to make them but discontinued them, but they have some stock left there. brakes are staying stock for now but i wont rule out an f-body upgrade or a big brake upgrade. so that must be factored in, i dont want to get these rims and then decide a year down the road to do the brake upgrade only to find out my rims dont have the clearance

Offset is just how far the rims stick out.

The higher the offset, the more tucked in they are. The lower the offset, the more they stick out. If you had 225 tires on both 16x6.5 and 18x7.5 and they both had the same offset, the edge of the tire would come out to about exactly the same place. The edge of the wheel rim itself would stick out 1/2" more due to the 1" difference in width, but the edge of the tire wouldn't stick out more, the sidewall would just be flatter. If the new wheels have a 42mm offset, then the edge of the tire will stick out 10mm more.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101