• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psych0matt

• Crazy K

• 97loudcut

• sclary18

yeah i know, i have no idea though, the whole fuel system is replaced except for the fual filter cuz i cant brake it lose.. you think that the fuel filter could cause that much of a mpg loss?

Yes! Esecially if it is the stock fuel filter. FYI a bad fuel filter (clogged) can cause bad MPG and even break your fuel pump. You need to buy some PB Blaster and hit those connectors with that shit like 3 times a day for 2 weeks.. if you still can't break it loose than splice in a new line.

Either way get that bitch fixed immediatly. I garuntee you will notice a HUGE diffrence with a new fuel filter... and I am talking perfomrance too.

You can't splice in a fuel line.

Yes you can..I have seen the fuel filter bypassed and a new line put in with a new filter

I get about 12.5 -16 mph as listed on the compass. Thats with a 3.1

Posted on: Today at 10:10:45 AMPosted by: Spectrum

Yes you can..I have seen the fuel filter bypassed and a new line put in with a new filter

-But why would you want the filter to be bypassed. Wouldn't that effect the reliability of the engine?

yeah i know, i have no idea though, the whole fuel system is replaced except for the fual filter cuz i cant brake it lose.. you think that the fuel filter could cause that much of a mpg loss?

Yes! Esecially if it is the stock fuel filter. FYI a bad fuel filter (clogged) can cause bad MPG and even break your fuel pump. You need to buy some PB Blaster and hit those connectors with that shit like 3 times a day for 2 weeks.. if you still can't break it loose than splice in a new line.

Either way get that bitch fixed immediatly. I garuntee you will notice a HUGE diffrence with a new fuel filter... and I am talking perfomrance too.

You can't splice in a fuel line.

I've never heard of this; I mean how would you cut and connect it to the existing line.

so everybody check it out!!! I finally hooked my car up to the scanner and.... it said air temp sensor open.. so i looked under the hood and... when i changed my short ram intake back to the stock airbox, i forgot to hook the sensor up.. go figure! anyways, its all good now, and im about to attempt to break the fuel filter loose again.. hell yeah for PB Blaster!

so everybody check it out!!! I finally hooked my car up to the scanner and.... it said air temp sensor open.. so i looked under the hood and... when i changed my short ram intake back to the stock airbox, i forgot to hook the sensor up.. go figure! anyways, its all good now, and im about to attempt to break the fuel filter loose again.. hell yeah for PB Blaster!

:lol: go get better gas milage now!

Ok, the tank of gas i just went through, 231 miles. 17mpg..I put 89 Octane in this time instead of 87, so we'll see if it runs better.

:burnout:

Do you drive it like it's nobodys business or something?!

lol no. So apparently something is not right..

When I'm driving, shifts to 2nd usually at about 3k rpm, 2nd at about 2800, not sure about 3rd and 4th but I usually don't ever take it past 4k, but some times you just cant resist. :wink:

The cutlass and the regal seem to be the same fuel consumtion wise. Both have hit 38 MPG on the highway, and they usually average about 24 - 25 MPG with my mixed driving. The regal is a 3.1, and the cutlass a 3.4

About 23-26 in my 96 3.1 GP. Thats mostly around town/country roads. My 93 Lumina 3.1 no OD got 21-23. I think I used to get a solid 30 in my 91 Cav. And prolly about 14 in the Vic I used to drive.

i have only been getting 22 over all. some city, and hwy. 3/4 hwy. This tank ill be light on the gas though. I know i will have a good tank if i make 150ish on 3/4, 270 on half. That is about 26 mpg. Best i ever got was 31 on a 140 mile trip, with getting stuck in traffic.

Does anyone know at what speed their mpg starts dropping?

i have only been getting 22 over all. some city, and hwy. 3/4 hwy. This tank ill be light on the gas though. I know i will have a good tank if i make 150ish on 3/4, 270 on half. That is about 26 mpg. Best i ever got was 31 on a 140 mile trip, with getting stuck in traffic.

Does anyone know at what speed their mpg starts dropping?

about 90 for me.