what is your miles per gallon??

sclary18

I'm just curious to see what everyone gets for miles per gallon, post what car, engine, year and whatever else is useful so we can compare..

I drive a 92 cutlass supreme convertible with the 3.1 and i am only getting about 12 miles per gallon on a stock motor and i have no idea why so low.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psych0matt

• Crazy K

• 97loudcut

• sclary18

yeah i know, i have no idea though, the whole fuel system is replaced except for the fual filter cuz i cant brake it lose.. you think that the fuel filter could cause that much of a mpg loss?

yeah i know, i have no idea though, the whole fuel system is replaced except for the fual filter cuz i cant brake it lose.. you think that the fuel filter could cause that much of a mpg loss?

Yes! Esecially if it is the stock fuel filter. FYI a bad fuel filter (clogged) can cause bad MPG and even break your fuel pump. You need to buy some PB Blaster and hit those connectors with that shit like 3 times a day for 2 weeks.. if you still can't break it loose than splice in a new line.

Either way get that bitch fixed immediatly. I garuntee you will notice a HUGE diffrence with a new fuel filter... and I am talking perfomrance too.

ok well, i just bought a can of pb blaster, and started sprayin that on my fuel filter.. anyways this is what has been changed within the past year..

In order of newest to oldest within a year

air filter

seafoamed!

oil

spark plugs

new cat

o2 sensor

fuel pressure regulator

ignition module

and i think that is it..

Before I put on the Eagle 192's, the Regal averaged 24-26 in mixed driving (in the summer with the AC on, no less.) I averaged 21-22 this summer with the 192's on (could also be due to the fact that the Regal's in dire need of a wheel alignment.)

My wife averages 31 in the Impy on her 37 mile commute to work (all highway.) On our roadtrip to Vegas, the Impy did slightly better, the best number we recorded was 33 MPG. We were averaging somewhere between 450 and 480 miles per tank of gas...

In my TGP I always get 21-22 city, and 36-41 highway, depending on how warm out or windy it is, and NO I AM NOT JOKING!!!

def man, i get great mileage with mine when i don't drive it like its supposed to be driven :twisted:

Yes! Esecially if it is the stock fuel filter. FYI a bad fuel filter (clogged) can cause bad MPG and even break your fuel pump. You need to buy some PB Blaster and hit those connectors with that shit like 3 times a day for 2 weeks.. if you still can't break it loose than splice in a new line.

Either way get that bitch fixed immediatly. I garuntee you will notice a HUGE diffrence with a new fuel filter... and I am talking perfomrance too.

You can't splice in a fuel line.