TGP Panel Vents Not Working- FIXED!!!!!!

Addicted To Boost

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Addicted To Boost

• Garrett Powered

• slick

• mfewtrail

Are you saying that there should be 2 hoses plugging into the vacuum ball?

seems you found out what I was asking about! (the other end) and only one hose goes to the ball.

I would trim the hoses clean, and insert some vacuum hose to fix.

I can't find where this 3 way check valve is.

Well here's how it's setup on a 92 Cutlass Convertible with the 3.1. I'd imagine it's the same on your car.

vacsystem.jpg

That 90* fitting you're pointing at looks like the one that attaches to the cruise servo...

does anybody have a pic that shows where the 3 way check valve is? I'm sure that's where my unplugged vacuum line plugs in.

I have broken every vacuum line except that one. :confused:

its always soft and pliable because the heat cant get to it.

thats really wierd that you guys have them break on you.

glad you fixed it. vacuum hose will only work if you zip tie it as well. I use vacu-tite couplings they are titer.

I have broken every vacuum line except that one. :confused:

its always soft and pliable because the heat cant get to it.

thats really wierd that you guys have them break on you.

glad you fixed it. vacuum hose will only work if you zip tie it as well. I use vacu-tite couplings they are titer.

It is NOT fixed yet. I need somebody to tell me where the 3 way check valve is, because I can't find it anywhere. Pictures would be great!

Well, I think Krenzy and I just figured it out. I am missing both my modulator AND my check valve, hence the vac line that has nowhere to go! :willynilly: I figure that the previous owner when he replaced the tranny 12,000 miles ago didn't put the check valve or modulator back on! :eek: Which is strange, cuz the car shifts perfect since I just adjusted my TV cable. :confused:

easy killer...see the laughing emoticon in my post...I was KIDDING! :cool:

dont make the gangsta represent!!! :mrgreen: I have been puttin it down since 2002 back when jeorge and eclipse were around and jeff M was always helping me and others. I had other user names back then and got new computers and lost passwords before you ever got the tgp forums bro.... just ta let you know.

but had my tgp since like '99 or '98. lots of miles and lots of parts.

Well, I think Krenzy and I just figured it out. I am missing both my modulator AND my check valve, hence the vac line that has nowhere to go! :willynilly: I figure that the previous owner when he replaced the tranny 12,000 miles ago didn't put the check valve or modulator back on! :eek: Which is strange, cuz the car shifts perfect since I just adjusted my TV cable. :confused:

Are you saying you do not have a vacuum modulator on your tranny? Oh boy! I think I am just about to give up!

I have been puttin it down since 2002 back when jeorge and eclipse were around and jeff M was always helping me and others. I had other user names back then and got new computers and lost passwords before you ever got the tgp forums bro.... just ta let you know.

but had my tgp since like '99 or '98. lots of miles and lots of parts.

Are you being serious here? You want to compair my mechanical ability and knowledge of the TGP/TSTE to yours?? :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have the TSTE with me today...I need to take pictures of the red car hoses for you. The TSTE has them in the proper position which is buried and I can not get a good picture of them. Sorry.

Ummm.. wait, where does it say there is a comparison? I am unaware of your accomplishments. I barely remember seeing you post stuff back then, but know you were always around. I felt bad for you though cuz Jeff M was always helping me while you were doing your own thing. :lol:

Yeah, my check valve was missing, so I just went and bought it from O'reillys. That is why I couldn't find the T to plug in my unplugged mystery vacuum line- IT WASN'T EVEN ON THE CAR lol :willynilly:. So today I am going to put on my new T valve, and try to fix my broken vacuum line.

Okay I take that back- I DO have a modulator on my car- it was just really dirty and buried, so I couldn't see it. It WAS missing the check valve, though. The guy that had the tranny apart just took a tube and connected the modulator to the metal tube under the crossover on the left. WHAT A FRICKIN MORON!!! :willynilly:

Okay I take that back- I DO have a modulator on my car- it was just really dirty and buried, so I couldn't see it. It WAS missing the check valve, though. The guy that had the tranny apart just took a tube and connected the modulator to the metal tube under the crossover on the left. WHAT A FRICKIN MORON!!! :willynilly:

I've seen some cars without check valves on that hose. while it would be good to add, I'm not sure they were all originally equipped. need to read my service manual for more info.

Okay I bought and put on my tranny check valve and that's all good, but on my vacuum lines I can't find this 3 way check valve. Could somebody take a picture of it on your car and post it, because I have been searching for it for the last 2 days and haven't been able to find it. Thanks everyone

I can't find where this 3 way check valve is.

Well here's how it's setup on a 92 Cutlass Convertible with the 3.1. I'd imagine it's the same on your car.

vacsystem.jpg

That 90* fitting you're pointing at looks like the one that attaches to the cruise servo...

does anybody have a pic that shows where the 3 way check valve is? I'm sure that's where my unplugged vacuum line plugs in.

Here ya go:

http://www.likeabigdog.com/regal/checkvalve1.jpg

http://www.likeabigdog.com/regal/checkvalve2.jpg

I seem to remember needing to remove the washer tank on my parents' Cutty Convert when I replaced the check valve. On their car, someone had replaced the original 3-way valve with a 2-way (straight through) valve and left the cruise module and dash vent vacuum lines disconnected. I purchased a 1' length of vacuum tubing along with the check valve to adapt the valve to the broken plastic vacuum lines...

I have a big question about that last diagram...isn't the tranny check valve going the wrong way? correct me if I'm wrong please, but I always thought the "cone" end was open for release, not going to the trottle body.

I have a big question about that last diagram...isn't the tranny check valve going the wrong way? correct me if I'm wrong please, but I always thought the "cone" end was open for release, not going to the trottle body.

It's drawn correctly.