TGP Panel Vents Not Working- FIXED!!!!!!

Addicted To Boost

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with my TGP. My air vents work in every position (ex. floor, defrost), but no matter what, I can't get air to come out of the dash panel vents. :rolleyes: It has had this problem since before I bought it. I don't think it is vacuum line related, since my cruise control DOES work. I don't know if this would make a difference, but my A/C doesn't work either. When I put it on A/C or Max A/C, regular air (not air conditioned) comes out the defroster vents. :willynilly: I need some help! :confused: thanks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Addicted To Boost

• Garrett Powered

• slick

• mfewtrail

Check that multicolored plug with the rubber lines ;) if thats loose or leaking it will cause that problem!

I'm sorry, but I have no idea of what you are talking about. I need a description or a picture. Thanks

Check that multicolored plug with the rubber lines ;) if thats loose or leaking it will cause that problem!

I'm sorry, but I have no idea of what you are talking about. I need a description or a picture. Thanks

Okay I found it and everything is connected.

Well, I found 1 disconnected vacuum line, but I have no idea where it plugs in!!!!!!! :willynilly: It is behind the cruise control and next to the PMIII. This is the only vacuum line that was disconnected. The only other thing I saw was that the rubber tube that connects the vacuum line to the wastegate has some small cracks in it. That is all I could find.

MYTGP.jpg

I assume the tgp should have it too..... a vacuum ball hidden under the car, behind the bumper below the battery. see if it is present.

NA cars have a check valve located in the area you have pictured.......

the vacuum line thats not connected probably goes to the bottom of the cruise control. ive had all that apart recently and there is a hose and a hard line with a boot like that going in to the bottom. check to see if they are both connected.

the vacuum line thats not connected probably goes to the bottom of the cruise control. ive had all that apart recently and there is a hose and a hard line with a boot like that going in to the bottom. check to see if they are both connected.

he's right, that elbow should tuck under the cruise and plug in under the rubber tube. actually there is one more elbow that plugs into a tee down there. then it goes to the back of the plenum.

there is no diagrams for that part, but look at the one on the core support see what it says.

he's right, that elbow should tuck under the cruise and plug in under the rubber tube. actually there is one more elbow that plugs into a tee down there. then it goes to the back of the plenum.

there is no diagrams for that part, but look at the one on the core support see what it says.

If thats how the 3.1's are set-up, then the 3.4's are almost exactly the same. Good to know atleast!

It is amazing to me that some of you guys who give advice have cars that even run! :rolleyes: :lol:

Ok...I do not have my camera at the house so I will take pictures for you tomorrow.

You should have a vacuum source coming in from the rear of the check valve.

Past the check valve is an integrated Port (part of the check valve)...that is your firewall penetration line that supplies vacuum to the HVAC controls

Connected to the end of the check valve is a "T"....The top of the T runs up to your Cruise Control Inlet

The end of of the T continues out and runs down to your vacuum ball

I will take pictures for you tomorrow.

Well here's how it's setup on a 92 Cutlass Convertible with the 3.1. I'd imagine it's the same on your car.

vacsystem.jpg

That 90* fitting you're pointing at looks like the one that attaches to the cruise servo...

It is amazing to me that some of you guys who give advice have cars that even run! :rolleyes: :lol:

Ok...I do not have my camera at the house so I will take pictures for you tomorrow.

You should have a vacuum source coming in from the rear of the check valve.

Past the check valve is an integrated Port (part of the check valve)...that is your firewall penetration line that supplies vacuum to the HVAC controls

Connected to the end of the check valve is a "T"....The top of the T runs up to your Cruise Control Inlet

The end of of the T continues out and runs down to your vacuum ball

I will take pictures for you tomorrow.

Got 2 cars that run great. check the sig

Where are the "T fitting" and the 3 way check valve located? I mean what part of the car are they by (ex. cruise control or....) thanks everyone

Okay now I found a BROKEN vacuum line! :mad: It is the one that runs under the battery and I'm guessing it runs to the vacuum ball. Here's a pic. I tried to zoom out enough to show the location a little better.

MyTGP024.jpg