96 Monte seats in a 92 vert?

Dirty Rockstar

Hey gang.. I have access to a complete Monte Carlo interior, and I would like to know if anyone has any expperience in putting these seats into a 1st gen coupe.. Or more specifically a Vert.. When I take delivery on Jay's 92, Its nice, and I hate to say this jay, but the maroon interior is not my bag.. So I am wanting to go the route of Charcoal/black leather.. (Also saves ay from needing to find some Maroon leather coupe seats, lol)

Just askin because I really want the seats.. Otherwise, I have a 95 GTP charcoal bench for a coupe sittin here I'll use, and find a second set of GP front buckets in charcoal.. Thanks all!

I'm pretty sure it will fit no problem. There's been a few times i was close to picking up some monte seats, but the thing keeping me from it was the fact that the front seats would then be mismatched to the rear seats. but yes, unless someone says otherwise, i'm pretty sure theyll at least bolt in (how they fit is a different story)

Well Kevin, I sure wouldn't mind sellin them to ya..

..My biggest concern was the rear seat fitting.. I figured I could get the fronts in no issue.. (Worst case would have been me swapping seat tracks)

..Just wanting to know if the rear will fit.. I think it will.. I want the whole set in there.. :willynilly:

I know a Monte Carlo rear seat kind of fits ok in a 90-94 Lumina 4 door. Some of the hooks didn't line up though. You may have a tough time with the vert, as I think the seatback is shorter in width vs a normal coupe back seat.

I know! I know! sort off.

I installed 95+ Lumina seats in 92 lumina.

the fronts would fit fine, but on the lumina, the rear lower seat would not go in until I hacked the plastic voeres fro the rear seatbelts.

thus.. the front seats will go in with no problem into a cooupe, since that is basically the same.

as for the rears... the upper rear on a monte is held on by bolts, assuming we are speaking of a fold down type. I would test fit them, but I think they will work.

I did see a CS coupe that had Monte seats installed at a j/y. It did not look right. PLEASE dont ruin a good vert!

Ken, Botton like here is:

If it doesn't look right, out it will come.. No questions asked.. The one you saw: Did it have both front and rears installed?

..Its just the one I am gettin from Jay has Maroon interior.. I only like Gray or black interiors..

• 1 month later...

The only problem I ever had is when I put Regal 4 Doors seats in my old 2 door Regal. I had to change the Brackets so the seats would fold up to get in the back and I damn near had to use a PryBar to get the back seat in. But they fit. :lol: