94+ Rear Brakes

SuperBuick

If I want to change my car over to 94+ rear brakes (90 regal, no ABS), exactly what parts do I need, and part #s would be nice to if anyone knows them. Do they just bolt right up? any adapters? thanks fellas - Tom

use the W-body.com upgrades section. but i got my calipers, caliper bracket and bolts from a 1997 cutty and it bolted right up.. you will also need to get new rear rotors. you can upgrade the fronts too if you find a Monte carlo Z34 (not sure of years 1998-99 for sure) but the fronts are also bigger then ours stock but you will need the hubs/nuckles as well because they are different and they new rotors will not bolt up. the calipers are the same just mount higher and have a larger rotor.. Michael at FastFWDPerformance.com did the swap off a 1998 LTZ. the new rotors are slightly larger then the 1994+ rears.

RedZ

I would need 94+ REAR knuckles right? This is the part the caliper bolts onto BTW

You do not need the rear knuckles. your existing parts will work you will need the caliper, brackets, rotors and bolts. it will bolt to the existing rear knuckles.

RedZ

What exactly is the "knuckle" part?

its the part of the rear accemboly that the hubs and all the parts bolt to.

http://www.w-body.com/upgrades/brakes-rearcalipers94.html tells you everthing.

I DID GET MY PARKING BRAKE TO WORK. i added a spacer block on the passanger side parking brake bracket and tightend the slack and walla my e-brake works.

here is what you need.

new_caliper_diagram.gif