Need some car audio assistance for my 95 GTP

CSI_MuNkY

Hey...

OK, in the coming weeks I'm going to be installing a set of subs in my car, I've got a good deal on two 10" P2 Rockford Fosgate subs (P210S4) and a box.

Now I have some big questions... Installation isn't going to be a big deal, my brother has installed stereos in a lot of his friends cars, I trust him with it. What I do need help with is picking the correct amp. I'm a car audio noob, I have no idea what amps I should be looking at. I went to Future shop and Best Buy today and both suggested the same amp (sorry, can't remember what one, it was a Rockford Fosgate one though, $299.99)

So my other question is in regards to my car...where is my car most likely to rattle? I imagine than someone here must of put a system in a car similar to mine, is there any places I should pay close attention to with some DynaMat?

Thanx

Jamie

Rear taillights are gonna rattle, license plate is gonna rattle, spoiler is gonna rattle, and body cladding in the rear is gonna rattle.

Lay down sound deadening material in the trunk in those areas to help.

Add rubber o-rings to the license plate bolts to cure that sound.

And just tighten down as much stuff as possible.

bumper and trunk lid are going to rattle as well as with things inside the car too. Dynamat is too expensive ( although works great! ) Id go with edead much cheaper.

As far as amps, what are the specs on the subs, like RMS, max?

Hey, here are the specs for the subs...all this x2 of course

Size 10"

Impedance 4-Ohm

Power Handling 200 RMS 400 Peak

Motor Size 60 oz. double stacked

Voice Coil Diameter 2" aluminum

Speaker Connector Dual 8 AWG compression

Mounting Depth 5.6875"

Rec. Sealed Enclosure 0.65 cu. ft. 18.4 liters

Rec. Vented Enclosure 1.25 cu. ft. 35.4 liters

Tuning Frequency (vented) 40 Hz

Weight 11.75 Lbs. (5.3 Kg.)

thanx again

Jamie

That RF amp should do the job. Kenwood, Pioneer, MTX- all good middle-quality amps for basic sub applications such as yours.

I do have an extra amp lying around I'd be willing to sell that would be perfect for 2x 10" Subs. I actually have the KAC7250 which is exactly the same, but has a remote bass control for up front.

Kenwood KAC-7201

150 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms * 230 watts x 2 at 2 ohms * 460 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms * stereo or bridged mono output * 4-ohm stable in bridged mode

$100 + shipping OBO.

That RF amp should do the job. Kenwood, Pioneer, MTX- all good middle-quality amps for basic sub applications such as yours.

I do have an extra amp lying around I'd be willing to sell that would be perfect for 2x 10" Subs. I actually have the KAC7250 which is exactly the same, but has a remote bass control for up front.

Kenwood KAC-7201

150 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms * 230 watts x 2 at 2 ohms * 460 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms * stereo or bridged mono output * 4-ohm stable in bridged mode

$100 + shipping OBO.

Pm Sent

Jamie

For a amp.....I would look locally for an Alpine MRP-M350. They do 350rms @2 ohm mono. And I highly recommend it. I saw them being cleared out at a local Visions electronics store for $199CDN.

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Alpine_MRP-M350_Car_Audio_Amplifier

As far as sound deadening. There are a few different options. If you are in canada....it may be benificial to check out B-Quiet....as they are based in Calgary.

http://www.b-quiet.com/index.html