Rushman04

All right i have a 92 grand prix se. I replaced the fornt 4x6s and the rear 6x9s with blaupunkts. They sound great and i even got the 12 inch woofers to match. I know on the higher models they came with speakers in the doors which make a good full sound. Now my question is who are the door speakers workign when a radio can only do four speaks. Is there a small amp somewhere? Iam wanting to put in 6.5 in the doors and i need to know how pontiac runs 6 speakers.

There's a small amplifier under the center of the dash, right behind the center console. That amplifier powered only the door speakers. The dash and rear speakers were run off of the outputs of the headunit.

In my 88 GP (which had the same speaker setup as your 92, except it also had 4x6 in the doors) I had the headunit running the dash/rears, and a small amp (60w x2 or something) running the speakers I put in the door. I cut out the plastic and fit in some 6.5" Infinity, rather than crappy little 4x6...