Swapping a 89 Tgp turbo engine into a 90 grand prix

jimalypse

i just got a 1989 tgp and the body is wrecked but tranny and engine, computern everything like that still works. my is a 1990 LE grandprix with a exhast and intake about 140 horsepower i think with the 5 spd.

Would that upgrade be worth the time if it fits. Just cause it is a turbo which is like 170 horses some one told me.

Aby input is helpful thanks

I would do it, but I am a fool!! :wink: I did a 5Speed swap into a 1990 TGP and I am sure you could go the other way and put a TGP motor into an LE. You would have to swap the computers and engine wiring harness for sure, but what a fun sleeper car that would be!! People thinking it is some wanna be family car and it leaves them sitting at the light!! :lol:

Just to let you know the TGP motor runs 205HP stock. I have a chip that you can run in your LE conversion to allow the motor to run properly with the 5-speed strapped to it and I know you will be higher than 205HP with the chip. Plus with the 5-Speed strapped to the TP motor....hold on for dear life!!! 8)

edit... you would also need to move the Radiator from the TGP to the LE.

wiring harness and ecu are the same just swap the chip. I got an 89 ecu off a cutless in my tgp and just swapped chips. The only thing thats different is the physical motor internals and exhaust parts. You will def need the donors downpipe, crossover, 2bar map and guage cluster <--- if you care what the fake me out wrong info boost guage says :lol: