• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chadz34

• 5speedz34

• White93z34

• Prospeeder

are there no junkyards near you?? i have to know of several 96' LQ1s in junkyards

edit: BTW: i thought this car was "certified"???

It was....here, you don't need a running car to pass. It ran good with a minimal miss my dad ''thought'' he could fix easily.

OR you could post a want add and pick up all 6 injectors for less then what one new one would cost.

I don't want used injectors cause I could run into the same problem all over again.

have whoever is selling then ohm test them, its not like its that big a deal.

so, that fuel filter... changed it yet???

I am gonna buy one tomorrow, my dad is gonna change it, he doesn't want me to touch the DOHC at all until he fixes my problem. :lol: I was gonna change the wires I got today but he called me from work just to tell me not to. :oops: I could do that, but he said he wants it done right. The fuckers are even numbered.

i'm not saying that it IS the problem, but it sure as hell could be. a cloged up filter can not only kill a fuel pump, but it can make a car run like piss, have a hard time idleing and a assortment of other things. and it is general matniance afterall.

i'm not saying that it IS the problem, but it sure as hell could be. a cloged up filter can not only kill a fuel pump, but it can make a car run like piss, have a hard time idleing and a assortment of other things. and it is general matniance afterall.

Totally know what you mean, it's gonna get changed no matter what. And yes, I got Delco's.

• 5 years later...
Well it says in my manual, that the plugs are good for 100,000 miles. But, the wires are not, so I would change the wires. I figured with the EGR, that it would have to be totally fucked for it to set off a code. It doesn't buck all the time, but it is annoying. I will end up cleaning the EGR valve once I know where the fuck it is.

If you go through the trouble to change your wires and dont replace your plugs while your there or even look at them regardless of kilometers or wear then you are a cheap bastard who should not own a car with a 3.4 DOHC engine. The fact that you are willing to replace just the wires and not the plugs tells me that you probably do not know what is involved in order to do this.

Next time you say: "Im going to fix this or that" to sound smart maybe you dumbasses should buy a maintence manual or tell the truth and say: My mechanic is going to fix this for me.

If you go through the trouble to change your wires and dont replace your plugs while your there or even look at them regardless of kilometers or wear then you are a cheap bastard who should not own a car with a 3.4 DOHC engine. The fact that you are willing to replace just the wires and not the plugs tells me that you probably do not know what is involved in order to do this.

Next time you say: "Im going to fix this or that" to sound smart maybe you dumbasses should buy a maintence manual or tell the truth and say: My mechanic is going to fix this for me.

Umm, this is really old man, I've since then redone the entire ignition system myself....

Great first post!. Now, you obviously don't know chad. #1 calling someone a bastard or a dumb ass does not fly well on this form. If you want to stick around. (and i encourage you do), This place has a lot of highly intelligent people when it comes to the w-body car. We have people that know ALOT about all 1st gen Cars (Crazyk) comes to mind. Then we have people that specialize in certain departments Such as suspensions (bxx) body work/rust repair such as, (Chris d) If you want help/ want to provide help to and from other forum members, Leave the attitude at the front door and you will be part of the family.

Welcome to the forum? or not...

Way to kick up a nearly 6 year old post to berate the poster who has long since resolved the issue. Always an awesome way to get off on a good foot here.