• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chadz34

• 5speedz34

• White93z34

• Prospeeder

So, I am gonna try wires and plugs, what is PCV?

Um, PCV = Positive Crankcase valve, its a valve on the rear valve cover, and is about 2$, they get clogged up and stick and allow oil to get sucked into the engine, it may be on the front valve cover on newer engines, not sure

Um, PCV = Positive Crankcase valve, its a valve on the rear valve cover, and is about 2$, they get clogged up and stick and allow oil to get sucked into the engine, it may be on the front valve cover on newer engines, not sure

Alright 2 bucks is a price that fits the budget right now, fuck, I might as well replace it just for the hell of it.

Alright 2 bucks is a price that fits the budget right now, fuck, I might as well replace it just for the hell of it.

heres the fun part, its on the rear valve cover! and they get stuck in there good, and if your not carful the hose its connected to will pop out off the underneath of the plenum then you gotta pull the plenum to get to it!

Unless on the newer 3.4 its ont he front valve cover :?:

heres the fun part, its on the rear valve cover! and they get stuck in there good, and if your not carful the hose its connected to will pop out off the underneath of the plenum then you gotta pull the plenum to get to it!

You know that's gonna happen to me now. You shouldn't have said that! :lol:

2 dollars for the part and a lot more to fix the dent in the door if it gets stuck. :lol: Just kidding, I would never hit my baby.

Damn, How come i never thought of the PCV vavle with my car.. .... Fuck i am gonna have to check mine out.

Good luck with yours.

Yeah, you too. I don't think we will have much trouble. 8)

Damn, How come i never thought of the PCV vavle with my car.. .... Fuck i am gonna have to check mine out.

Good luck with yours.

Yeah, you too. I don't think we will have much trouble. 8)

thats what you think...i rotated my engine forward and it took upwards of 1/2 hour to get it out, i finally got my dad to hold the hose with pliers, and my stand on the engine and PULL like a motherfucker till it finally poped out, the new one went in with ease

a half hour.... seish it took me all of a minute to change mine...

and yes, i've seen plenty of engines that have toasted plugs that are a bitch to start when cold but once warmed up they will start fine. our work vans love to do that when the plugs have seen better days,

*SIGH* 3 pages of idiocy.

First thing Chad I would do a FULL TUNE-UP, like White93 said. Plugs, wires, PCV, Tbelt, Seafoam, new accesory belt, check the brakes, cooling system, tranny, everything; this is supposed to be your daily right? There are OEM wires on ebay right now for pretty cheap. I got a set for $25 a month ago. Remember the 96+ motors have specific wires for 96+. The whole "ohh the plugs will last 100k, is bullshit"

Prospeeder, you don't know shit so shut the fuck up. The 96 3.4's do not have a breather on the rear valve cover. IIRC(and I can check tommorow ) the PCV is under the intake elbow. You don't know anything about the 3.4 so don't fog peoples minds.

Also, to do plugs and wires you have to take the upper intake off, Chad good luck with that, it seems like you kinda have little knowledge about wokring on cars. The intake comes off easily with 7? 10mm bolts. I think you need to do a tune-up and go from there. Ohh and the starting thing, IMO, is just OBD II doing it's thing. Get your battery tested if you want.

Ohh, I added this is for everyone. Your EGR would throw a code if it was bad too. The 96's use a digital EGR and is different from prior years.

Picture461.jpg

[/end rant]

Okk god of wisdom, where is the PCV on the car, and no not the fuckin breather tube the actual PCV valve

the PCV is under the intake elbow

mabye you shoulda quoted a few words sooner :roll:

The 96 3.4's do not have a breather on the rear valve cover. IIRC(and I can check tommorow ) the PCV is under the intake elbow.

hmm alrighty, well i guess that does make it alot easier to change

You still probably have to move the intake arm to get to it. But it is easy to get to when you do the plugs.

You do not have to move the arm to change the PCV, I do mine last every time I put my engine back together. There is no breather on the rear valve cover.

Chad, I would look first at new wires and plugs. And the wires can be tricky. There is a rubber part at the end of the plastic on some of the plug wires and I had spark jumping out of the side of the wires and had such trouble with misfires cause I couldn't track it down. Don't even worry about ICM or EGR until you have new wires and plugs.

I was told by my GM dealership today that it could be a fuel filter. Thanks alot for the info as well Tony. I will do the plugs and wires as well. I had another question, can I re-use the intake gaskets and not have any problems, or is it a MUST that I need new gaskets?

I went to Wendy's and at the light the idle in Overdrive was at 1000 rpm, then it slowly went down to about 550 and did the buck.....Guy's I need plugs and wires and a fucking fuel filter! :shock:

umm ok, do that then, you aksing us to send them to you or what

Nah man, I'm good. I'll get them. Just that when a 17 year old buys a $4000 car, I can't really toss money everywhere. I need to wait until tomorrow.