What's wrong with this picture?

Guest Anonymous

Pics work now. Wow, can't say I've ever seen that happen! :yikes:

I've had the pad material come off the metal backing, but never had the whole pad just disappear!

I had a problem with the pad coming off on right rear of my car. I bought the regular pads at autozone (haha, nothin' to good for my baby, lol), but what happened to mine is that the pad got so hot it melted the glue that holds it to the backing plate. Ok, yeah they were cheap pads, but Just thought I'd share that with ya. I'm still driving the car with only the inner pad back there. It looks like shit because the rotors all rusty, but the brakes still work and it doesn't pull. It is crazy though that everything just came off....how the hell it squeezed through.....that's a modern marvel!

Actually, if you don't hear loud grinding sounds from the rear brake, your rear brakes are seized!

If your brakes were working properly, the metal shoe or whatever you call it that the pad was glued to would be grinding against the caliper every time you step on the brakes.

Actually, if you don't hear loud grinding sounds from the rear brake, your rear brakes are seized!

If your brakes were working properly, the metal shoe or whatever you call it that the pad was glued to would be grinding against the caliper every time you step on the brakes.

So you are saying that the fact my rear brakes squek(sp?) is a good thing? I thought it was my brakes going and was actually about to bring it in to the garage. That's usefull information I didn't know before! lol thanks