1st gen caliper bolts

Darksyde

Yea so today on the way to work i hear a clink tink tink tink, then nothing. I was like yea ok i hit something. Whatever. Then i hit the brakes and it vibrated violently and shook the car. So i slowed down, luckily i was like 20 seconds from work. I park and check the front out. My upper caliper mounting bolt had decided to remove itself. Now earlier this year the upper caliper mounting bracket bolt fell out and locked up my wheel. Luckily there was no damage. I picked up a new bolt wrestled the caliper back on and tossed in the new bolt with blue locktite on it. My question is this i have heard about problems with the caliper mounting bracket bolts working loose. But the caliper bolts themselves? I mean we did just have the cradle down and everything ripped apart to do the tranny. I was just curious.

I had the caliper mount bolt (the torx one) work its way out on me a couple of weeks ago on the Olds. I figure I didn't tighten the fucker enough when I did the alternator job. It's nice and tight now though! :twisted:

Holy Crap, tighten those torx bitches down hard. BREAKER BAR :cuss:

You have to push/pull hard until it slips and your knuckles hit the ground and bleed!

Believe me i did. I broke my first torx bit with a breaker bar doin just that. Still came out. But as i said i coated it with red loctite this time.