Nick1234

so today i was driving around a slight turn and i hit some ice, which then i slide into some snow, and hit the curb. I get out and i scraped up the lip on the wheel. drive away and now the steering wheel is a cocked. car still goes straight though. i leave work and hear a rubbing noise. its not the tire rubbiing cause it is too slow, doesn't go with the revs of the engine, so maybe tranny. i get home and jack it up. nothing looked broken. Axle shaft is still tight. wheel doesn't have much play in it. So drive it and doesn't make the noise. After a while i feel the vibration in the floor again along with the noise. So im thinking something internal in the tranny, which is great. no big deal though considering the fucker slipped anyway. im pissed, and my once good lumina is now 2 different colors, parking brake cable is hanging, steering feels all loose and shit, and the car just seems all trashy.

Damn bad luck :(

possibly:

the rack and pinion slipped a notch?

the control arm shifted?

the strut got bent?

could the noise be the half-shaft being over compressed?

Are you sure the tire is not lightly rubbing somewhere? (try driving with the spare to see it it still makes the noise)

Keep in mind that the car jacked up will have a different suspension geometry than rolling on the ground.

Just trying to be helpful. And remember, yours is still better than mine, mine has 7 different colored parts on it! lol

I hope you get it fixed right man!

The ears that the control arms mount to on the subframe are prone to damage. Its also possible that you damaged the steering rack. Both of those things happened to my car 2 winters ago when I slid into a storm drain.

I got hit between the passanger door and fender back in August 01 and my steering wheel was pretty offcenter. A simple alignment fixed the problem. That might be all you need. If you take it in for an alignment the shop should be able to tell you if everything is still tight and strait in the steering.