rear suspension bushings?

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

i would like to completely disassemble the rear suspension in my Turbo STE so i can paint everything with POR-15, then reassemble with new polyurethane bushings.

can anyone list all of the bushings associated with the rear suspension? i am mostly concerned about the bushings for the big lateral arms that run along either side of the monoleaf. are these available in poly? if so where can i get them? i didn't see much for the W-bodies on energysuspension.com

also, the GMPP trailing arms come with new poly bushings don't they?

wish i could take a look under my car but it's sitting in the snow :?

Guest TurboSedan

thanks guys. i really need to get those greasable bushings for my front sway bar (maybe rear too). i'm doubting i'll be reusing my monoleaf; i'm pretty set on FFP coilovers.

so anyone know if the rear suspension bushings are available in poly? at the very least i should be able to get them at the GM dealership right? (in rubber :? ). i'll have to check there tomarrow. mine are looking real bad on both of my cars.

Umm, I would see if you can swap over the lateral arms from a second gen W. I know BMR, or something makes adjustable ones, and they cam with poly but they are expensive.

But there is the

sway bar bushings

Mono-leaf

Lateral links

Trailering Arm bushings.

Guest TurboSedan
Umm, I would see if you can swap over the lateral arms from a second gen W. I know BMR, or something makes adjustable ones, and they cam with poly but they are expensive.

would 2nd GEN stuff work? kind of hard to believe considering they use coils, but then again i've never looked under one closely.

But there is the

sway bar bushings

Mono-leaf

Lateral links

Trailering Arm bushings.

cool, thanks for listing that. i think i have everything figured out but the lateral links.

the lateral arms are different. the bmr ones work on first gen's also since they are adjustable. the trailing arms are the same. i would not worry about the lateral and trailing arms, just the sway bar bushings. i dont see how they would make much of a difference. obviously not talking about spring pads if youre getting co's. get me a set of ffp co upper mounts if you get the co's since he wont sell them to me :?

Guest TurboSedan

a long time ago Michael offered to sell me parts seperately, but he must have changed his mind since then (can't say i blame him). Paul, look into Afco Racing. you might find what you are looking for there. hell, you may even be able to piece together your own coilover kit - but some machining may be necesarry to fit the threaded coilover sleeves over KYB struts. i haven't looked through Afco's catalog in a long time but IIRC i found everything but the upper spring mount a few years ago.

• 3 weeks later...