Oilchange from HELL (UPDATE PIX)

sonyman87

The weird crap thats coming out in your oil are carbon deposits from using crap oil. The deposits won't go through the pickup screen of the oil pump and stay in the pan. They didn't even have a chance to get to the filter. Quakerstate is the worst for carbon build-up. Because they use wax. I've rebuilt a couple of engines that all the owner used was Quaker Sludge and there was a perfect imprint of the intake in the carbon beteen the heads.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crazy K

• AWeb80

• Prospeeder

• sonyman87

FWIW, Its better to use shitty oil & filters and change 'em every 3K than to use full synthetic and premium filters at extended intervals. The engine will do better with lots of cheap clean oil.

Could you back that up with facts?

No, I cant. I was told that by a guy I know at work. He used to work for a company that did research like that.

FWIW, Its better to use shitty oil & filters and change 'em every 3K than to use full synthetic and premium filters at extended intervals. The engine will do better with lots of cheap clean oil.

Could you back that up with facts?

No, I cant. I was told that by a guy I know at work. He used to work for a company that did research like that.

Hey that works great. but only if you change the oil every 500 miles :lol:

Seriously, it would be cheaper to use junk oil in the long run, especially if your a company that dumps vehicles at 100,000 miles... But if you're in for the long haul you need good oil. (205,000 miles and counting... can i get to 300,000?)

Seriously, btw i saw a 92 CS sedan that ran great at 305,000 miles. I don't know it's history, but I just decided to start a thread on high mileage....

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=445873#445873

• 5 months later...

someone torqued it way too much,and didnt put oil on the rubber band before install. That would suck. Well after hearing all the shit about fram today, I think the next oil change will be using a different filter LOL. I did the last one and put a fram on there, no more fram for me..EVA

well shit it was ignored,,, how far back did you have to go to find this one?

i was searching for some information and not just asking a question that had been answered already :) It was close to the top on my search, I forgot to look at the date

well shit it was ignored,,, how far back did you have to go to find this one?

i was searching for some information and not just asking a question that had been answered already :) It was close to the top on my search, I forgot to look at the date

there is not a problem with bumping old threads....when I saw it pop back up I was amazed that someone used the search function :mrgreen:

to clarify it..yes that was my car that did it.

some new person walmart put that filter on. and i had to take it off! i wont go back to that shithole unless my buddy is working. no problems since then!

your best friend = 14in%20Oil%20Filter%20Pliers.jpg

my best friend:

DSC03518.jpg

LOL :lol:

had to...it was open, i took it. i never needed that tool for any oil change except on my buddy's Harley.

is that actually your hand?

did ya shave all the hair off for the pic?

Adam, who the hell has a hairy palm? are you a mutant freak like i thought you were all along :question:

is that actually your hand?

did ya shave all the hair off for the pic?

Adam, who the hell has a hairy palm? are you a mutant freak like i thought you were all along :question:

:willynilly: roflwaffle.....:willynilly:

yes, i'm a freak and gonna come get ya....

o Zach, that is funny.

someone torqued it way too much,and didnt put oil on the rubber band before install. That would suck. Well after hearing all the shit about fram today, I think the next oil change will be using a different filter LOL. I did the last one and put a fram on there, no more fram for me..EVA

what did you hear about fram today?

Nick

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html read that on fram filters.... they leak dirty oil back into your pan

Doesn't matter on the 3.1/3.4 engines as the anti drainback valve is irrelevant due to the mechanical positioning of the filter itself.

I would disagree! even though our filters are nearly upside down, the feed lines in the block would also be affected by drain back.... the filter would still hold most of it's oil but the feed lines would be able to drain!

DON'T BUY FRAM!!!