All your base W's are belong to us

Justin

White cars had red trim

red cars had black trim

black cars had.......red?

This is with reference to 3.4 lumina 4 doors?

Actually, I just had to smack myself upside the head... it wasn't a white with black trim and red insets, it was a red one! it had black trim with a red insets. lol Anyone have any pics of that configuration?

And does anyone know if these 3.4 sedans came in any other colors?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crazy K

• Bossman429

• White93z34

• digitaloutsider

the gray trim tails were a 1990 only thing that some euros got, others got the regular black trim, and base 1990s as far as i know only got the black trim

A little late, but..

ALL 90 Euro's got Gray trimmed tails.. However, some of them had a severe issue with SUN FADE... And actually, the gray was a very dark gray and used through 91 as well.. But 1990 was the only one that had the sun fade.. My 90 Euro sat outside for 2 years before I bought it.. THe tails were faded almost white, all the body trim was baked, and faded (On one side as the other was against a wall), the mirrors, window trims, even the fins in the grille, and around the badges..

As said, all 90 Euros had gray trim on everything; it came from GM a very dark gray.. Even in 91.. Next time you're at the yard, go check out a 90 and 91 Euro.. The tail trims are dark gray.. I know this because I scoured the yards for BLACK trimmed tails..

i dono steve i've seen alot of 1990 eurosports and it seems that about 50% of them have the black tails wheras the others have the gray. there really seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, but i'd just written that off as GM goofyness.

but anyhow, as for the 3.4 lumina sedans, the "euro 3.4" the color combos were as follows:

white had white trim tail lights, and white trim with red inserts

red had red trim tail lights, and red trim with black inserts

black had black trim tails, and black trim with red inserts

but i think someone else already covered that

i dono steve i've seen alot of 1990 eurosports and it seems that about 50% of them have the black tails wheras the others have the gray. there really seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, but i'd just written that off as GM goofyness.

really?all the90 Eurosports ive seen have had the gray trimmed tails...And IIRC all the base models got the black trimmed???

sorry stevezasycho, my 91 euro had black. it seems like only a select few 1990 models got gray.

But you are right.... many 1990 models have badly faded paint on the mirrors, and nasty discolored trim. Especially noticed, are euros where the red inset it badly sun faded(although I think it affects any that spent too much time in the sun).

umm I saw a euro the other day with black trimmed taillights, but with a red bowtie.

grill was gone, but I have also seen red bowties on the grill (one, without an inset, no idea or inset gone) not to mention the steering wheel medallion usualy has a silver bowties, but I have one red one. any ideas why the red?

the only ones with the red bowtie on the tails is the red Euro 3.4....IIRC every other lumina(93-94 only) has a black bowtie

and the silver jewel in the steering is also a 93-94 only, even Z34's had it...mine had it...and i found a 92 euro with a red bowtie jewel.. so 90-92 im guessing had them

I stuck a red one in my steering wheel.

The rear len was a black bezel unit. I wanted to see it closer but I can't run 70mph. (on foot)

How about the red bowtie grill emblem? I saw one on a black 91 4 door, Not a 3.4.

It saw the factory three horizontal grill.

ANd the rear lens on the red 3.4 would be red bezeled... the ones i mention are black bezeled with a red bowtie.. so It must be something special.

AND I ask... what years did they actually throw 3.4 into 4 door lumies?

could these detailes I mention be from a first year 3.4 4 door?

SOLVED!

red bowtie on rear lens of white car:

http://www.geocities.com/jojo1967ahp/Euro34rear.JPG

red bowtie on hood emblem,

http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/358581

BTW, the lumina i saw with the red rear bowtie wasn't a 3.4, so it was a transplant, apparently.

p.s. I mentioned seeing whited out panels on a 90ish CS sedan(the panels that are usually balck) anyone else ever seen these panels body colored?