All your base W's are belong to us

Justin

your '95 didn't have power mirrors?

nope it was totally base, except: power windows, fog lamps, and console shifter, even am-fm radio only! it has fe1 suspension but does have upgraded sway bars, only. (not sure on the rpo for that, if one exists. I'm still decoding, but I actually like the soft springs with new front struts for a soft, but firm ride :))

(I've added cd/tape/radio, power mirrors, lighted visors, leather, folding down rear seat and rims)

On a last note, I still see a large number of luminas w taillights with the gray trim. does anyone know if those are or are not original?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crazy K

• Bossman429

• White93z34

• digitaloutsider

I don't really like them either, but they dont look bad on the white Lumina's. If I'm not mistaken the red Chevy Lumina Euro 3.4 I saw today, it's rear lights weren't gray they were all red. Probably custom work though.

actually I have seen a red lumina with a red bezel as well. They may have been offered.

p.s. I meant when i saw gray taillight bezels, i saw them on cars that had no other gray trim.

The Euro 3.4's all had body colored trim. Door handles, taillights, etc.

umm I think many do but not all. The first 3.4 powered 4 door I saw was white and had the standard euro colors with the 3.4 badges on the doors. the badges were definitely red on black to match.

I swear! I believe the car was white with balck trim... dang, Man oh man it was so long ago! Thats when I learned they put the 3.4 in 4 door lummies. (time to do some research...)

What colors were 3.4 and their strips? white, red and black?

I know how they look, it's just like Birdman car

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a395/birdman1016/sigimagecopy.jpg

WOW :D white wheel well mouldings!

White cars had red trim

red cars had black trim

black cars had.......red? IIRC It's been a while since I've seen the one that comes into work.

The white cars are HOT! :drool: I've always loved white cars with a red stripe! GP's Luminas Beretta GTU's, anything. :)

Euro 3.4s all had body colored door handles as well, as standards and Euros had black handles.

Also, according to my 93 Chev new car brochure A/C was standard and required with a 3.1.

your '95 didn't have power mirrors?

nope it was totally base, except: power windows, fog lamps, and console shifter, even am-fm radio only! it has fe1 suspension but does have upgraded sway bars, only. (not sure on the rpo for that, if one exists. I'm still decoding, but I actually like the soft springs with new front struts for a soft, but firm ride :))

(I've added cd/tape/radio, power mirrors, lighted visors, leather, folding down rear seat and rims)

On a last note, I still see a large number of luminas w taillights with the gray trim. does anyone know if those are or are not original?

I'm curious, is the car from Canada? I only ask because I know '95's had power windows, locks, mirrors, cruise, cassette, and FE7 suspension standard as per the brochure, plus I helped my mom find a '95 Cutlass new. SL's seemed to be all that you could get, however I do remember the salesman saying you could specially order a "S" model in late '94 as a early '95 model but noone really did

(but they were more available in canada), and the sales literature didn't make a mention of it. I'd be curious to see how your car looks as it's probably one of those.

A/C is Standard on all wbodies i belive, iv never seen one without it, may 90 manual even says A/C as Standard not an option

no not on the 90 Luminas. A/C was an option.

nope. vin starts with 1 = USA if it started with 2 = Canada.

Are you thinking of the two door? Mine is a 4 door sedan, and it was white with the plain blue interior. The spid verified the lack of options lol but there are codes I don't know that I'll poat at a later date. -ken

p.s. the spid says 7ZP saying mine is an "s" model? huh?, but the vin translates to WH=CS SL, as does the badging. Catching onto what you just said about early model ordering. (also having reread your statement, my car has pwr locks but they are standard.)

A/C is Standard on all wbodies i belive, iv never seen one without it, may 90 manual even says A/C as Standard not an option

no not on the 90 Luminas. A/C was an option.

On the GP's too. I've seen GP's in yards with no A/C buttons and no compressor.

Are you thinking of the two door? Mine is a 4 door sedan, and it was white with the plain blue interior. The spid verified the lack of options lol but there are codes I don't know that I'll poat at a later date. -ken

p.s. the spid says 7ZP saying mine is an "s" model? huh?, but the vin translates to WH=CS SL, as does the badging. Catching onto what you just said about early model ordering. (also having reread your statement, my car has pwr locks but they are standard.)

My car was built in the US vin starts with 1, but it was built for canada, bought in canada, Day time running head lights. I dont think you can tell by vin.

My car was built in the US vin starts with 1, but it was built for canada, bought in canada, Day time running head lights. I dont think you can tell by vin.

:werd: The first digit simply tells you where it was built. You can order different option packages. Not every car built in Canada has DRL's.

black cars had.......red? IIRC It's been a while since I've seen the one that comes into work.

No.. the black cars had black trim just like every other Euro, so it could be possible he just saw a black Euro 3.4.

No.. the black cars had black trim just like every other Euro, so it could be possible he just saw a black Euro 3.4.

When you say trim to you mean door handles and such, or the stripe on the side, and subsequent emblems to match?

358581_1_full.jpg

Black Euro 3.4's had RED trim, and body colored things like the door handles would obviously be black to match the car.

http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/358581

My step dad's Euro has black door handles on a red car. I think if you went up a trim level (Euro 3.4) you got painted door handles. At least on every car I have seen.

This holds true for 4 door GP's as well. My TSTE has white painted door handles, but LE (base) models have black handles.

If you buy a handle from GM these days they are all black and you have to paint them, they don't come pre painted anymore. :cry: