All your base W's are belong to us

Justin

My winter beater '89 Lumina originally only had the 3.1L, A/C, tape deck, and 60/40 split for options.

'89 Lumina...that must have been rare :lol:

Ah some were titled '89 IIRC. Someone on this forum had one awhile back that everyone disputed it being an '89.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crazy K

• Bossman429

• White93z34

• digitaloutsider

My winter beater '89 Lumina originally only had the 3.1L, A/C, tape deck, and 60/40 split for options.

'89 Lumina...that must have been rare :lol:

Ah some were titled '89 IIRC. Someone on this forum had one awhile back that everyone disputed it being an '89.

oddly enough speaking of which, i parted out a 1990 base at one point that had the old style (pre 1990) vin tag on it, i wish now that i had checked the year of it more throughly.

The car was built 6/89 so technically it is an '89, but it just makes it easier when referring to one or the other, due to the fact I own two 1990 Lumina's. I am however well aware that the first year on the books was 1990.

1992 Lumina Z34

3.4 engine, 4 speed auto (counts as an option since 5 speed was standard :bash: ), CD player, power locks, power windows, a/c, cruise, ABS.

what's this have to do with base model cars?

My 93 Lumina has very few options, its does have pw, pl, and cc. But it only has the speedometer and gas gauge, no tach, temp, oil pressure or anything. Where those gauges a option? It also has the 3 speed. Now my 91 Cavalier was bone stock. Power nothing, no tilt wheel, no locking glovebox, it didnt even have a passenger side rearview mirror (yes that was a OPTION!!).

thangs that I have seen:

91 chevy lumina euro with base cluster and am fm radio only.

(it was an enterprise rent-a-car)

or how about various year Lumina Euros that have no factory spoiler.

(it's a deleteable option!)

Lumina euro with silver (base model) insets on the trim

stored at a University Shop Lot

94 Cutlass Supreme w power mirrors and manual windows?

(hey can't i make fun of my bros car? verified by the SPID, but I did upgrade my

95 to have power mirrors)

I think I've probably seen more Euro Lumina's without a spoiler or with a luggage rack than with the Euro spoiler, lots of cars must have had it deleted. I actually prefer the look of the Lumina's without the Euro fender trim around the wheel openings, and the bowtie in the reverse panel is nice too, the CHEVROLET is a bit much back there.

except for z34 9which never had the same wheel trim, it was never an "option".

same with the center rear light.

It was standard on 90-92 luminas, but no 93-94 luminas got the trim. and the bow-tie rear lens is for 93-94 as well only

The advantage to the wheel trim is that they prevent stone damage to the fender's wheel well edge and consequently rust, especially in the salty snow areas. If I lived where it never snowed, mine would be off. And I do like the bow-tie but not enough to shell out the money to buy one.

90 Cutlass Supreme right here. Power mirrors and manual windows

I somehow manage to ruin the quoting process everytime I try....

I dont think i qualify for this. I think i have pretty much every option. I was always wondering though, mine has the split bench seat. How many Luminas are there with a power driver seat. Mine has this, and i have yet to see another one. Im talking about the 90-94 luminas.

I've only seen one too. mine. Also that opening center arm rest isn't seen very often. However, You can always upgrade if you don't have one. the Power seat mechansim bolts up the same to the seat substructure, and the hole exists alrady for the switches. But you wouldn't know this on my car, because I changed out the seats (92 lumina sedan))but reused the original power seat rails beneath new 95+ seats.

Like I said I haven't seen any others but the one i have. It really hard to see them anyhow, as people tend to pull out their 'sarred off shartgunn' when I open their door to check. j/k

No the power seats seem to be common in the order of rare Luminas some GP, many CS and all(or most) Regals. I've yanked seats out of plenty of em and I remeber cussing out the battery lol

Newer and upper level models more likely to have them.

And I think leather seats are virtually standard electric.

Guest TurboSedan

mine seemed to be fairly well optioned for being a base model Cutlass Supreme sedan. it came with keyless entry, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, power drivers seat (albeit split bench).

HUD, UB3 cluster, sport pod + DIC, leather bucket seats, and BYP front bumper & gfx are all things that i have added though. and alot of other stuff....

that no sway bar shit is sure fucking with me though :roll: adding an Addco bar to a car with NO factory rear bar SUCKS the big one. i give up....it shall go to my STE instead.

I added the factory sway bar to mine, I cut access holes in the floor of the trunk, and ran grade 8 nuts and bolts through the holes and through the sway bar mount links. But this was a the car I had to replace the entire rear axle assembly on, and the donor had the sway bar attached! However i had done the front sway bar upgrade and I don't see that much actual improvement. The rear leaf spring actually acts to balance the wheels like a weak sway bar anyhow! (for those who hate their monoleaf they have a good side effect!)

ok. back to topic.

btw I don't know the years, but I have occasionally seen some 95+ style luminas and 94+ style GPs were ABS was not standard.

Lumina euro with silver (base model) insets on the trim

stored at a University Shop Lot

Huh.. My 90 Euro had these, 16", and mine was fully loaded.. I actually got the top of the line Euro for 1990.. Even had Mud flaps, spiler, and sport suspension..

base luminas have the silver inset in the trim for the side windows, and in the wheel well mouldings, as well as the horizontal strip that encircles the car.

Euros have this silver blacked out, while on the horizontal strip they usually have red.

BUT I have seen a few lumina that have alternate colors such as a white encircling strip, I believe those usually had a red or light blue insert.

like birdman's ride.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a395/birdman1016/sigimagecopy.jpg

(could the light blue one have been a deluxe base model? it's kinda foggy) and they came with white bezeled taillights. I also saw a different color strip as well(gray or blue???)

as for the strange autoshop euro, it had all silver insets, except the stripe was standard red. (it had the euro cluster and rims, but I know nothing else. sorry.)

stevezasycho, Is that how yours is?

however, I don't understand the taillights with a gray bezel. they don't match anything. or do they???

Also of note. the window opening trim is always black... or so it seems(It would have made sense for cars like birdmans's to get white trim)

I have seen one 4 door cutlass which was white, it had balck trim but the metal panels dividing the glass were white as well, and it looked original from the factory as far as i could tell without breaking into someones car.

the gray trim tails were a 1990 only thing that some euros got, others got the regular black trim, and base 1990s as far as i know only got the black trim

(hey can't i make fun of my bros car? verified by the SPID, but I did upgrade my

95 to have power mirrors)

your '95 didn't have power mirrors?