hit a deer doing 60...

futuretgper

:bawl:

yesterday was the first time i took my TGP out in about a week and and a half. the deer somehow crossed both lanes of opposite direction traffic from my left (didn't see it at that time of course) with out being hit...and ran through the median i saw it as it came out of the ditch/median...slammed on the brakes...swerved left and tagged its ass end on my passenger side front bumber....hood destroyed fender destroyed headlamp destroyed....4400 for the estimate....the kicker...i just got a beater that ive been buzzin around in...yesterday when i woke up i thought "i haven't driven the grand prix awhile, i just take it to school and back." biggest mistake of my fucking life :bash: ...that car is so unlucky i think god hates it!!

everytime i brake it out something happens too it!! :bawl:

ps ill get pics of the damage!

oh and it makes me sad looking at the pic in my sig

it no longer looks like that

\/

\/

\/

\/

That's sad, especially for such a low mileage car.

Hope you have good insurance coverage and a nice insurance company, otherwise it'll probably be totaled.

Awww DUDE, that sucks big time!!!!! Really sorry to hear about this :cry: :cry: you sure did not need that to happen :!: :!: I hope the insurance will pay the money as some try to claim it as a total and only pay what they think it is worth, that better not happen and sorry to bring that up or I just made it worse for you :oops:. In the past when I had damage, and when other TGP owners here had damage, the best thing is to just park it, cover it and take a long break from it, then come back fresh later and take care of it, or get on it right now and get it fixed up and over with!!! If you need parts I can help you there, at least for the aero and hood part, fender too maybe, just hope the chassie is not too damaged. You may find the hood and/or aero parts no longer in stock at GM so that is why I have these (new) in stock for people like you, hope that is some good news for you when it comes time to fix her up :D Long as the frame is not messed up/wheel/steering then the fix is not too bad and should turn out good when done.

So, very sorry to hear about your luck, hang in there dude :)

Jeff M

yeah my mom works for american family insurance as a claims adjuster....my claim went to the guy in the cubical next to her...she already found out that it was written up as totaled...so she set me up an appointment for monday to have it re-assessed.....i have a strong case for uping the value....the guy at the collision place used a NADA site and the average selling price with my millage was 6250....and im gonna go look on all the carsoup type sites for listings of TGP's....the insurance company right now is only saying it was worth 3000 or something!

Feel my pain.. that's what they told me too, and my estimate for hail damage repair was around that of yours. I had AMFam too, and they royally pissed me off with how they handled the situation.

That's the bitch of owning this old of a car, and still keeping full coverage. If it's ever wrecked, then your usually screwed. It's almost not worth paying the full coverage premiums if your unsure that they will cover the damages.

I even tried to pull the 'But NADA says a TGP is worth this much, blah blah', and all they did was look at the paper I handed them and laugh.

Good luck bud, you're going to need it. You've got a huge advantage with your mom being an claims adjuster, so hopefully it works out for you.

yeah i found a few listing for TGP that are selling for a bit of cash...they have more milage than my car also! so i have something to say hey they go for more than what you want to give me!!

http://imageserver.carsoup.com/1G5WP/1G5WP14V1LF299718%2D1.jpg?xt=42092

Price: $7,500 or Best Offer

Color: black

Miles: 60,000

Body Style: Coupe

Engine: 3.1L V6 MFI TURBO

Transmission: Automatic

VIN: 1G5WP14V1LF299718

Description: This is a rare limited edition McLaren Turbo Grand Prix well maintained with low milleage. Some special options unique to this car are: power moonroof, leather seating, anti-lock brakes, steering wheel radio controls, trip computer, digital compass, and head up display, 245-wide tires and ground-effects and wheel flare package. Listed as a collector car in the NADA.

7500! lol i bought my TGP in mild condition with 70k for 2800$ i hope it all works out for you, thats so stupid, if you pay insurance, you should get paid for the repairs, they shouldnt be able to total your car, you pay them to cover your car in the event of anything happening, not take it away and give u what they think ur cars worth

Prospeeder, his car is (and I have seen it) perfect though, and only had 39k miles on it, so its not like yours :roll: :lol: (off topic: would like a nice clean side shot of your black rim'd red TGP for my web site photo collection??? 8) , PM me). But yea, they will only pay for repairs up to the value of the car! So that is why he is trying to show the value is well beyond the $4,400 the repair estimate was. And just to let you know from the many TGP owners I have talked to over the years, that many owners of really nice low milage TGPs have gotten insurance for more money than most of us paid for ours :wink: !! Just talked this week to an owner (Paul S.) that got his insured for $8,000, and know of others that did the same. And besides those cars, there are others that we have heard about with 900-9,000 miles that went for more than $8,000, those owners too got increased coverage and its not that hard to do, just need to find a better insurance company, they are all different, very different actually, some will cover for more money easy, others with some proof, others with extensive proof, then some that say tough shit :evil: .

Futuretgp’r, check out AutoTrader online too, they frequently have TGPs for sale, and did the same research when I went to sell my wife’s car showing other with more miles and lesser condition going for more than I was asking for, but anyways I am sure there are some TGPs there to pick from that have some high prices. Also check out this web site!!: http://www.autosite.com/ they list some high prices as well. Also check this ebay listing, it is from Collectable Automobile and shows our car as collector status: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8010584419&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1

Hope this all helps!(????)

Good luck with you car!!!

Jeff M

thanks for the tips and support!! ive been getting alot of "sorry about the car" from my parents friends they all know how much i love my baby!! its like someone in my family died!! joking im not that bad....i did have some watery eyes after i got out and looked at the damage though!!

ill go get some pics in a day or so!

my dad and i are gonna detail the entire car tommoro! clean as possible for the insurance company on monday!

oh i forgot to post......i took my car to the track a couple weekends ago....i trapped nice speeds but i couldn't hook up!! i ran a 14.78 best....with a 2.37 60' @ 93

later i trapped 94.5 and a 95.6!! but i trapped a 91 once too!! all over the place... but with the 95.6 trap and a 2.1xx 60' (which ive seen a bunch of TGP time slips running that!!) i should run a 14.3 or 14.4!! it pissed me off at the track to see a couple turbo civics run 14.00's and 13.9's @ 92 & 93mph traps!! they did have slicks goin though!! anyone know of any cheap 16x8 that are really light!??!?!

thanks for the tips and support!! ive been getting alot of "sorry about the car" from my parents friends they all know how much i love my baby!! its like someone in my family died!! joking im not that bad....i did have some watery eyes after i got out and looked at the damage though!!

ill go get some pics in a day or so!

my dad and i are gonna detail the entire car tommoro! clean as possible for the insurance company on monday!

Yea I totally know what you mean about being bummed, I mean this is like your first car, and a hell of a first car to get :shock: :D so I would be very unhappy to see it all mangled up :!: It took until I was 30 years old before I even got my first/new TGP. I also remember how spent I felt when I walked out to the parking lot at work one day only to find the parking space where I left my 11k mile Typhoon was empty :cry: it really sucked, then the picture when it was found was only the cab, nothing else left at all :( I can still remember that picture :roll: .

Great idea, make the car look its best before you show it to the insurance adjuster, that way he can see how the rest of the car shows and can get a better idea of how nice it was :idea: Hope you got a chance to get some more examples off the internet of great TGPs like yours costing more than they are guessing!!!!!

Jeff M

no i couldn't find the deer...i was on essentially a four lane hiway (70mph speed limit)...so i didnt' get out....i think someone else hit it too, cuase when i stopped and looked for it i never saw anything.....it was a decent sized buck....nice rack from the flash i saw of it....8-10 pointer! bastard!!

good new just came in.....they valued my car at 7300$....so ill get everything fixed up very proper from an extremely reputable shop!! thank god!! back in business......jeff m if you want to PM me your phone number it sounds like im gonna be looking for some of the hard to find cosmetic stuff the body shop says i might need to go for used stuff then i told them about you having a bunch of the stuff and they said they might want to buy from you for my car!! unless it would be better for me to buy from you myself and bring it in (dont thnk i would need to though)!! anyway im really excited now!! gonna have it back in shape.....only thing im worried about is the paint mathcing up...they have to blend it into the doors and such...while its in im gonna have them do a professional buff job on along the bottoms of the doors and such too! so it looks like im getting an entirely new front end....everything except 1 fender flair!!