i really need this part...

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan
I do think the one I mentioned that will work and you can still get, at least order and check it before you buy is: 10080315.

Jeff M

i gave that part # to the GM dealership today and they said it wasn't a pipe; it was some kind of "panel assembly".

i got my new long heater core return pipe installed today. i might be able to use a long section of heater hose for the supply pipe. it looks like i would have to clamp it to the short section of pipe that is remaining (where i cut it), then route it between the EGR pipe and cylinder head, above the downpipe, and then loop it around the master cylinder so it would be long enough so that it wouldn't kink or be damaged by engine movement. i know it sounds really hokey but it should work temporarily at least.

but if anyone does have a TGP heater core supply pipe, please let me know :)

Guest TurboSedan

ok i think i have it figured out!

looking at the car a little more i am just going to use the throttle body heater supply pipe for the heater core instead of actual the heater core oulet on the lower intake manifold. i'll just leave the heater core supply pipe that is coming out of the lower intake capped like it is now. i already got rid of the TB heater a long time ago - i capped both lines and removed the TB heater from the TB itself.

soo...i am going to route coolant to the heater core from the TB heater supply pipe instead (it comes from the lower intake manifold under the thermostat just like the heater core oulet did). it looks like it will be much easier than using the actual heater core outlet and the heater hose will be away from the downpipe and crossover pipe heat this way.

i'm going to NAPA right now to get some heater hose and clamps. i'll get some pics of what i'm doing. wish me luck :)

i'd still much rather have a real TGP heater core pipe though....

Guest TurboSedan

yeah i'm not 100% happy with it, but i have a working heater now and i'm confident the engine heat and engine movement will not disrupt the connection. that would have sucked if having no heater would have kept me from going to the dyno day!