TGP Crosslace Question

GP1138

Does anyone know if the wheel hits the brake caliper on a '95 Grand Prix? I drove home from switching wheels with Darkness and all the way home I hear a grinding/whirring sound. I was too Goddamn worn out to stop and check, I just wanted to get home. Does anyone know if there are clearance issues with this combination?

I have '97 Lumina calipers on my front end and NO, TGP crosslaces don't come close to touching them.

edit: obviously the front calipers are all the same, so I thought I'd through in that I have '97 Lumina front strut assemblies (as in with the bigger brakes) and they don't rub at all. For future reference.

<--- Fucking idiot moron here didn't tighten down the passenger rear wheel all the way, but even after tightening them down completely, they still wobble, and it wasn't just that one, either. There's even an intermittent steering wobble that comes and goes. The wheels have been balanced at some point, because there are wheel weights on them.

WTF???

did u tighten them in a star pattern?that would cause them to wobble

I always tighten them in a star pattern, but that's definitely a good piece of advice.

Update: so I borrowed my girlfriends' parents' van's jack (Toyota Previa, with a hook and eye type jack rather than the simple nut jack, ever notice how much our scissor jacks SUCK compared to imports'??) and took an hour to re-seat the wheels and put the ones that wobble on the back, which fixed the steering wobble at highway speeds. The tires on two of the wheels have a wobble to them. I've got new tires on the way that should fix that problem, but that's not probably going to happen until Monday or so.

Well, if anyone is still reading this, I just today got new(er) tires put on and got 'em balanced. Car drives much better now. I found out what the frigging grinding was, too. :oops: :oops: My struts really need replacing, the tires that were on the TGP rims originally were so wide they were rubbing against the wheel wells. :oops: :oops: So yeah, those struts are getting replaced very soon.

Well, if anyone is still reading this, I just today got new(er) tires put on and got 'em balanced. Car drives much better now. I found out what the frigging grinding was, too. :oops: :oops: My struts really need replacing, the tires that were on the TGP rims originally were so wide they were rubbing against the wheel wells. :oops: :oops: So yeah, those struts are getting replaced very soon.

Wow

Wow

Yeah, I feel like a Goddamned moron, but money is tight lately.

Pictures are required, you know this right?

There will be pics once I get the lips of the wheels and the rest of the wheel polished. There's peeling clearcoat out the ass on the lip, and the honeycomb needs a good polishing. I picked up some paint stripper, and I'm gonna go to town on them tomorrow.