Keyless Entry

jeremy

Q: Does your car have Keyless entry?

A: A couple easy ways to check if you have keyless entry is to look in your trunk by your attenna and see if you have THIS Connector.

Another way to check is to find your Service Parts Identification Label (ususally on the spare tire cover). Look on this label and if you find the RPO (Regular Production Options) Code "AUO" you have keyless entry.

Q: How do I program my keyless entry?

A: There is a connector in your trunk by your attenna. That connector is pictured Here. To program it you simply ground that connector and keep it grounded. The door locks should lock and unlock to show the box is ready for programming. Then all you do is hit a button or two on your keyfob. If the car responds to the keyfob you're all done. Just besure to unground the connector.

Q: My keyless entry doesn't work. Why?

A: Many 1st gen W-body's had "cold" solder joints in the reciever boxes. Over time the connections crack and the box becomes inoperable. If you're good at soldering, open the reciever box and resolder all the joints.

Q: I found a keyless remote on Ebay. Will it work on my car?

A: If the buttons and button denomations are arranged like THIS then the remote will work in a 1st Gen W-body.

courtesy of 93RegalGS