Got it! How do you install rear speakers in 99 Lumina?

genEus

I just looked at it briefly and saw that the back cover moves easily. I wasn't about to start using my muscles to rip off the seat and what not, so I figure I'd Google first just to make sure what the f. I'm doing... Google came up with nothing and so did searching this forum....

I'm gonna go back down to my car and try it again but if I can't figure it out I hope someone can tell me... :oops:

edit: OK, I did just lift up the back cover... that just felt very cheap to say the least...

Anyhow, maybe someone down the road does a search on installing rear speakers in a Lumina and finds this post. :wink:

Did you crawl into your trunk yet to see if there held in from the bottom? If there not held in that way, you will need to remove your rear seats, which is a combination of about 4-6 bolts, then you will have to pull off that rear deck that covers up the rear 6 x 9's.

They weren't "held" from the trunk, but I saw the screws that stuck out into the trunk. All I did was pop out the back cover, that's all. All done soldering and installing now. Woot. Next I'm buying either the Infinity 5002i or Alpine SPS-130A from Ebay and gotta run to PepBoys now to buy install kit and wiring harness for my Premier 460MP deck. Then I'll be all set. Never had the need for competition level sound, just something 100x better than stock ;)

yep its that easy normally you dont even need to pull the back seat. also you might want to check a site called mymonte.com it is more specific to your 99lumina. but this site is great also.