• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genEus

• MonteCarloChick

• dsgrntld187

• DiscoStudd

As far as tint, check out the Tintshop on Jefferson Rd in Henrietta. I believe i paid $190 or something like that for my '97 Monte. So it should be about the same price. Oh, and if you do get tint, undo the rear window decklid (inside the car) so they can tint behind the 3rd break light. Those that tint around it looks ugly. if you have anymore questions let me know or PM me.

I think there are a few on Jefferson Rd... which one are you talking about? And, is the quality good? Makes me want to puke when I see purple bubbly tint jobs, I want mine to last for at least a few years.

Also, you mean I should take off the 3rd break light so they can tint under it?

thanks

975 Jefferson Rd, It's close to the intersection of Jefferson and East Henrietta Rd.

They do great work. and yes remove the 3rd break light, but just so they can install the tint. you can put everything back together afterwords. If you don;t remove the 3rd break lights, they will cut around it with the tint.

I migh thave some pics of the car when the tint was done. I'll have to see.

As far as your other questions: it depends on the junkyard as far as what you can do. Most likely it won't be an even trade and you will have to pay extra. As far as spoilers there are a number of options there's 2 different NASCAR spoilers and there is also an elevated flat spoiler. Those are the stock spoilers, but there are other out there, you just have to search. :wink:

As far as spoilers there are a number of options there's 2 different NASCAR spoilers and there is also an elevated flat spoiler. Those are the stock spoilers, but there are other out there, you just have to search. :wink:

OK, so I can install a spoiler if my car didn't have one to begin with??

As far as spoilers there are a number of options there's 2 different NASCAR spoilers and there is also an elevated flat spoiler. Those are the stock spoilers, but there are other out there, you just have to search. :wink:

OK, so I can install a spoiler if my car didn't have one to begin with??

You can do that very easily, just to be safe get a friend that has worked on cars and drilling/bonding before. And make sure you measure measure measure!

Hey that's a nice Lumina. No big deal if you overpaid a little bit for it, as long as you like it. It certainly does look cherry.

Welcome to the boards, there's quite a diverse group here as you can see.

Good luck with your machine.

Ugh. One of local junk yards wants $250 for the 99 Monte Carlo trunk lid with spoiler... And about $150 for a 16" wheel... About $35/tire on tirerack.com... So add tint to that, another $200... and all is about $1200 :evil:

I think I'll pass unless I can get all of that for half. I would pay $600 for those things, is that unreasonable?? If it is, then screw it. I will definitely tint my windows, but everything else, unless is cheap, probably not. :?

And I'm not even sure that nightshading my lights will look good on a tan car. ..

the price is not bad for the trunk w/ spoiler since the spoiler alone is about that price and then the paint would be about the same as well. Did the Monte trunklid match your color Lumina? The wheel is a bit much since you can get a decent aftermarket wheel for that price. If you are concerned about all the cost, just start out slow. No need to get everything at once.

Lumina = Paper weight

hmmm......

Congratulations on the purchase! nice car! it looks brand new!

as look as you take good care of the car and do regular maintenance it should last you awhile

I think the 3100 is a very reliable engine especially yours because you have the newer model

I got this back in 2002: 1997 Lumina LTZ

47,000 miles

$6,000.... $7,000 with tax and registration, it came with a 3100 though

Discostudd.... i somehow like those LS rims

Most recent pic

769257_35_full.jpg

about a year after i got it

522298_3_full.jpg

w-body.com, donkeypunchperformance.com and mymonte.com will provide you with a lot of information