I may have found my problem? *page 3*

GutlessSupreme

the cladder is from the filler neck not being bolted on :lol:

Please, you think I've gotten that far on this thing yet? :lol: And I meant from the rear engine bank.. possibly valve clatter :?

if u do drop the tank, get new straps since I know the tanks een out a few times, its just not a bad idea.

You kidding? The straps still look brand new! they're the only shiny part of the car besides the top end of the engine :lol:

Did you plug the emission line that isnt connected under the car?

I still can't figure out what line you're talking about :oops: It's supposed to be one of the four that run from the tank right? Where exactly is it disconnected?

There's no way in hell it's causing the problem but I have to get to it sometime :?

I need to change the tensioner pulley like now.. it moves up and down a good full inch when the engines running, making the AC compressor shake like mad, making the AC pipes also shake like mad.

I know... I "quote too much" :P

the line connects 2 the do hicky that bolts 2 the back of the plenum, i dunno how 2 explain it, iff Jeff M gets on he knows what im talkin about.

5 gallons of gas....a lighter....... :bash:

the line connects 2 the do hicky that bolts 2 the back of the plenum, i dunno how 2 explain it, iff Jeff M gets on he knows what im talkin about.

5 gallons of gas....a lighter....... :bash:

The purge canister solenoid? There's a line running down from it, in addition to a vacuum line.

I'm still trying to figure out why I can hear that thing clicking for a while if I have the car "on" after it's been running...

thats the PMIII i think that makes noise, i just yelled at it till it went away. it has a 2 wire connector 2 the sensor i think, but look under the car, u will see a metal line that has nothing connected 2 it,

I think I found my problem..

IMG_7129%20(Medium).jpg

IMG_7127%20(Medium).jpg

WTFH!?!

I don't know if this JUST happened today when I was unbolting it or if I at least cracked it when tightening it down or what..

It couldn't have been like that all along.. that's such a huge vacuum leak that there's no way it would've started. I may still have a rocker problem.. guess I'll find out soon enough.

This car doesn't want to be driven ever again apparently :(

That's a bummer man! :shock:

If you did not get everything off the mating surfaces when you retorqued it will do that real easy!

If you used a die grinder with a sanding wheel or something other than a square sanding block to clean the surface and chewed a touch more off which caused the mating surface to be uneven.

Or just plain uneven torquing when tightening it down. Sounds like a dopey question...but are you using a torque wrench or by feel? 8)

That's exactly what I did. Quick passes with a die grinder and torqued it down by feel (lower intake I used a torque wrench, I've always done the upper by feel though.

Fuckin a :(

That's because most have been so hurt in the past by ex-owners, that they're afraid to live again. You must show her that you're different, that you'll take care of her, and.....

....umm, yeah. You get the idea.

I've still got my 3100 lower and upper intake manifolds if you're interested. Just PM me, and I'll make you a deal.

I would be but not at this time. I'd have to do the heads and all that other crap too and I just want it running and driving for now. I've already had it for six months and haven't really driven it since the day I brought it home. Can't deal with not driving it anymore. For the same reason I didn't do a cam swap when I had it all apart, easy as it would've been, because I just wanted the fucking thing running again :cry:

That's because most have been so hurt in the past by ex-owners, that they're afraid to live again. You must show her that you're different, that you'll take care of her, and.....

....umm, yeah. You get the idea.

I've gotta be this car's 5th or 6th owner by now.. don't know what it was like when Dan got it, but it was quite a mess before Jeff got it, and both me and him haven't made much overall progress.

Maybe in another three owners it'll be roadworthy and looking good again.

That sucks...

The only good news is that lower intakes seem to be a dime a dozen. Shouldn't be too hard to find another one. They show up cheap on ebay a lot.

Well, if you need help... 8) :lol:

That is too weird (and a bummer for sure :evil: , sorry). Never seen or heard of the lower breaking off like that (will make a mental note on this though/learning more here too 8) ), the uppers are thinner than the lowers and more apt to do this with anyone using the FelPro Upper Intake Gasket, good idea in its design application thought, extremely poor when installing!!!!!! I can see how a poor mating surface could be a cause but it would have to be a pretty bad surface to allow the aluminum bodies to have to flex this much :shock:

Wish you better luck!!!!!!!

Jeff M

Headlines Today: Gigantic leak found somewhere in the car (possibly the driver's side 1/4 window); Razor blades work well with carpets; Shop Vacs begin to smell bad and grow mold after vacuuming water

Stay Tuned for this evening's news where a local Rhode Island resident is fined $20,000 by the DEM and sentenced to 5 years at the ACI for propane bombing his Grand Prix in the middle of Goddard Park.