AVIC-N1 install *added 2 pics

cutlass1991

Yes I bought it. No I can't afford it. Even though I picked it up while I was working at Best Buy so I got it for only $800 instead of $2000.

Anyway, if anyone is thinking of getting it, it's freakin awesome.

However, installing in a cutlass supreme is major work as far as car stereos go. You must relocate the climate control to where the factory 1.5din opening is(where the stereo usually goes). And then put the avic-n1 where the climate control is. This is because when the screen flips out, it will have clearance. If you try to install it where the stereo normally goes, the screen will not be able to open fully because of that over hang of the dash.

I guess if you have a newer cutlass with the new style dash, there isnt a problem. But for those of us with the older style (89-93?), this seems to be the only way to get it in there. And also be prepared to cut/drill out some of the plastic behind the opening to get enough depth. The easiest way, (although I got 3/4 of the way done before I did this :roll: ) is to just remove the whole dash cover and take it out of the car. This way, you have easy access to the spots you need to work on, and relocating the wiring harnesses is much easier.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else ever tried putting a stereo where the climate control is. And when I get around to it, I'll get some pics up here too.

closed.jpg

open.jpg[/img]

Don't you just love the benefits of working at Best Buy?

If you goddamn guys keep talking about all these insane benefits........ I'm gonna apply and get a job for all these crazy deals. I hate missing out.