Would this be possible to do to my car???

90TGP

Does anyone know if it would be possible to swap in a 94-96 GP dash/gauges/ door panel/a-pillars/hud into an 89-93 GP and have everything work properly [gauges, hud,hvac, wipers/signals]??? Without major modifications [other then maybe some wire splicing]? I know a member did something similar to his Lumina

I would really love to update the dash in my car, it's so bland. I like the newer style interiors. I don't see a major problem, since nothing really changed between the 89-93/94-96 cars.

I don't see why not. Personally, I wish I had the older style interior.. I miss it. The boring flowing lines of the 94+ makes me want to sleep. I like how on the older cars all the crap isn't on the steering column.

Guest Anonymous

That would be a huge job... you would have to run all the airbag crap too, and I don't know how that would hook up... wiring would be a bitch, too, becuase pin numbers and colors have changed. Also, the HUD has an indent that it sits in on the body in 94+ cars, I dont recall ever seeing such a thing in my 92.

Not much more bland than the cookie cutter interiors in the newer Gen 1 Ws, they're all almost the same. I've always liked the interior in my '89 CS, except for the lack of cupholders.

I personally hate the TGP's interior, especially the dashboard. I like the Cutlass's much more, but even then one huge peeve I have (with both) is the lack of cupholders and the inability to put ANYTHING on the dash without it falling off almost immeadiatly. I love how newer cars have "trays" up on the dash.. I hate having stuff up there when driving, but when parked it's a great place to put shit.