help me diagnose my problems

mewantsa87gnx

I am having some front end problems with my 95 Monte Carlo Z34. For one, when driving I hear this cracking noise from why wheels, like a loud knuckle cracking sound. I know a lot of times this point to the ball joints but I had my brakes done in July and they never said anything about ball joint problems. Wouldn't they notice ball joint problems in the process of installing the discs? Also I need the front struts done, but I just noticed it today that when I press on the brakes pretty quickly and firmly I hear a sort of metallic ping when the front end dips down, any clues? One last question has anyone performed a ball joint replacement, how hard and how long would that be?

your baseing your balljoints being good on something someone may have noticed while doing a unrelated job 7 months ago??

does it do it more while turning?

and its not too hard, kinda a sucky job. but just hope someone replaced the balljoints before you though, other wise you better get out a drill and some good sharp drillbits to drill out the factory rivits that hold the old balljoints in place.

Well shouldn't a qualitfied mechanic notice a growing problem? Anyways, yea when turning I hear the same sound, not everytime, propably a little more than half the time.

Well shouldn't a qualitfied mechanic notice a growing problem?

Dude, it was over 7 months ago. Problems can arise within a matter of days.. hours.. even minutes.. it doesn't take 3 years for every component to completely fail.