rear end SHOT 2 $h!%

95 BLKDOUT Drop Top

Ok so this is the run down, my cutty needed rear struts a while ago but ive been puttin it off (low$$), the noise is gettin unbelievably crazy and its handlein like a brick on wheels. next problem: my back end is a good inch and a half lower than the front. would that be due to the struts bein done-in or is that from my mono leaf? Next problem: this is an odd one, last fall (2003) i caught a flat in my left rear, had no choice but to put that god awful space saver spare on. it was on for maybe 24 hours if that, ever since then my camber in that wheel has been so far off that it actually looks like this "/" and you can really see it from the back of the car. can that be fixed? THis car is drivin me nutz and the bad news is the back end is in better condition than the front end, im not even gonna start on that

hmm...the struts COULD be causing the height issue, i dunno how the spare tire messed up the camber...but, that could prolly be fixed by an alignment (possibly the strut mount is broken and is causing the wheel to tilt?!)...good luck!

What Terry said. The struts being bad, and possibly broken, it could cause them to bend every which direction, causing uneven wear on your tires. Happened on the ex's lumina.

As for the rear being lower than the front, could be the struts. Could also be the leaf spring too. Replace the struts first(because you know they are bad), then go from there.

well that side does make alot more noise than the right side when you hit a bump that means the mount is done for right? the nose is like a violent rattle-like noise. ill check it in the mornin

Mounts and struts will all most likely need replaced. If its making a sound like that, definately the mounts. And it wouldn't be a bad idea to change the struts while your at it.

:werd:

i hope replacin the struts and mount will correct that camber problem because that just makes my car look like the wheel is just hangin on for the ride. lol

what tires are you runnin? i got 255/50/w-rated tires on my factory cutty five stars but they dont get any snow traction so i got some 195/70 snow tires on those 15" saw-blade rims that kinda look like the achiva S rims but they were made for the base modle CS in like 92-93, wierd

i have YOKAHAMA Avid H4s...215/60/16...they're awsome tires in the rain or dry...but, they're not exactly the best in the snow...it doesnt really fishtail BAD...just when you go over lotz of slush or go around a corner...

i'd recommend you fix that ASAP though...i've seen what happens when they completely break...and its NOT pretty...i worked on an intreped that the rear struts broke...the assend was on the ground and they ruined both rear tires because they were rubbing on the wheel wells...