wtf... broken parking brake?

wally05

My friend went out to move my car b/c I was still half asleep and it had to be moved. Well, then he came in and told me he messed up my parking brake. I went out and looked at it, the front part (in front of the adjuster) is not attached to anything anymore (looks like a coil). But, everything else is okay. It's my guess that he over-pumped the brake to set it. Is this a simple fix? I've yet to really look at it, but it just adds something else to my "have to fix on cutty" list, which includes fixing the seized rear brakes and replacing the front pads, and patching a small hole... Anyone with advice?

Korey

you mean the cable sliped off the lever?

one of my wheels has done that, theres a metal clip that prevents if from sliping off it could have fallen off, replace that if its the case.

Well, after closer inspection, the cable going from the lever to the adjuster has snapped (front cable). Nothing else is hurt, the friend must have just kept pumping it... damn... oh well, looks like I have another project...

Korey

a similiar situation happened with my '95 Cutlass when I 1st bought her awhile back. My gas pedal was slightly more difficult to press than normal until the cable snapped...pedal flopped to the floor and I was stuck at the intersection.

damn, the accelerator pedal would have pissed me off. Also, to the other question... on mine, I had to push it down once, then another time until the cable tightened up and slid the rear calipers against the rotors. If yours just does it once, who knows. Does anyone know how big a project it is to replace the front cable?

To think about it, you're prolly right, digitaloutsider. It was starting to make a popping noise when I did the final pump the past few days. It must have been starting to go. Did you replace yours, digital? And if so, how hard was it to do?

Korey