gee another lowering spring topic

stockgp

yes yes i did a search. but which lowering springs would give the most drop for a 3.1, especially after i finally find all the parts to put my 5 speed in? and is it ffp that has springs for the rear? are there any issues with lowering spring on the rear, other than the weak tower situation, that seems to pose no problem?

how are the 97+ rear suspensions designed? do they haev the awesome transverse monoleaf too? would their rear susp. interchange with 1st gens? would it then be easier to buy a lowering spring kit for a 97+?

how are the 97+ rear suspensions designed? do they haev the awesome transverse monoleaf too? would their rear susp. interchange with 1st gens? would it then be easier to buy a lowering spring kit for a 97+?

97+'s have springs in the back, no monoleaf.

97+'s have springs in the back, no monoleaf.

i see

Guest TurboSedan

the FFP kit will let you set the rear end of the car literally on the ground. at least i can with my TDC rear coilovers, which are essentially the same as FFP. i can also adjust mine about 2" above stock ride height, so they do have quite a bit of adjustability.

for the front, i have Eibach lowering springs but they didn't lower the car nearly enough. i think they were designed to lower a W-body with the heavier DOHC/auto combo. i have the lighter 3.1/5-speed so the front didn't go down as much as i would have liked. if i got new front springs, i would probably get Intrax. i've heard Intrax springs will lower the front a little more than the Eibach or Suspension Technique springs.

the FFP kit will let you set the rear end of the car literally on the ground. at least i can with my TDC rear coilovers, which are essentially the same as FFP. i can also adjust mine about 2" above stock ride height, so they do have quite a bit of adjustability.

can you post some pics, I have never seen a w-body with a rear end that I consider "low enough" ...most seem to sit too high, even after the attempt at lowering.....thanks in advance...