90moddedtgp

IMG_1275.jpg

Holy S$@t!!! I didn't know you had a GT28RS in there!!

Do you have any pictures of the turbine side of the GT28RS compared to the stocker? You did get the .86 A/R turbine housing right? How was installing the DP?? The only changes I noticed were new oil/water fittings, and the one hole the downpipe needs to be filed a bit.

Look at this brand new turbo from ATP...it uses the DP .86 A/R turbine side with a GT3071 compressor side!!!

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-026&Category_Code=GRT

That turbo is nice but it WILL definatly create turbo lag... for those who don't know about turbo lag go drive a subaru WRX automatic at 5 mph and stomp the accelerator to the floor... you could get out and run faster then it accerates!!! :shock:

That turbo is nice but it WILL definatly create turbo lag... for those who don't know about turbo lag go drive a subaru WRX automatic at 5 mph and stomp the accelerator to the floor... you could get out and run faster then it accerates!!! :shock:

or a Volvo....

this being a ball bearing turbo compared to the stocker it actually spools very nicely. to be honest i think it spools a little faster than stock. but i need a little lag i have a hell of a time trying to catch traction anyways.

OK, so the A/R on the exhaust side is a little bigger, .86 vs .68 on the stocker. And both the compressor & turbine wheels are a little larger so that adds a little weight. The fact still remains though that it's a dual ball-bearing, so it will spool faster than the same turbo with the conventional thrust bearings. Now, I would figure on it spooling about the same as the stocker. That's taking in the added weight of the wheels and the larger A/R as making it spool slower, but the fact that it' dual ball-bearing offsetts the extra weight. Here's the best part...our computers have boost ramp tables that control the boost from ~4 psi and up so utimately we aren't even using the factory T-25 to it's full capability. We'll at least most of us aren't. :twisted:

Guest TurboSedan
it has been a while since we bought them but i think they were 30 lbs injectors. i am not sure what you are talking about a RRFPR

RRFPR = Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator...a Vortech FMU for example. they don't take the place of a stock FPR, they simply raise fuel pressure on say... a 12:1 basis - IOW for every 1 psi of boost increase, the fuel pressure increases 12 psi. the rate is adjustable on some.

more info:

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/turbo_big_injectors.html

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/turbo_pumps.html

it's basically a way to add more fuel if you're running more than about 14-15psi (more than what the stock 2-bar calibration will support).

Thats what its all about! :thumbsup: That car has alot of mods that we were thinking of doing..one beeing the Disco. I would really like to see this car down the track 8) . What kind of injectors are they? Pintle style respond good to the FMU..the Multitecs don't. I don't think an FMU is a good idea anyway. So...wheres the video?. :wink:

we have driven it a couple of times now and it seems to be doing good. i am hoping that we get to go to the track before it closes for the year. me and my dad have completely different hours. so we are trying to drive it more. i think it would be cool if some of you come down and we could all go crusing. when we started building this car we where going to sell it when we where done. but one drive and that changed all that this thing is fun as shit to drive!!!

• 1 month later...
Shawn,

Just think what Zoomer could do with an TGP :D :D . I e-mailed him and told him his next project should be one for the purpse of spanking intense!!

Thomas

Funny you mention it (I guess it'll be safe buried deep on page three in this thread)... I am buidling an Intense-killer '90TGP in the hopes of running at IDD5. It's a '96 3400DOHC, 4T60E, T3/T4 62-1, 50# injectors, EP limited slip. Goal is 400whp and times in the real low 12's, knocking on the 11's. Shhhhh!

Shawn,

Just think what Zoomer could do with an TGP :D :D . I e-mailed him and told him his next project should be one for the purpse of spanking intense!!

Thomas

Funny you mention it (I guess it'll be safe buried deep on page three in this thread)... I am buidling an Intense-killer '90TGP in the hopes of running at IDD5. It's a '96 3400DOHC, 4T60E, T3/T4 62-1, 50# injectors, EP limited slip. Goal is 400whp and times in the real low 12's, knocking on the 11's. Shhhhh!

Jeff, is that going to be in the car you were/are converting to RWD? Got any pictures of it yet? :wink:

Jeff, is that going to be in the car you were/are converting to RWD? Got any pictures of it yet? :wink:

Well, since he's using a 4T60e on it, I'm guessing its not RWD. :wink:

Shawn

Man, I hope you pull it off, but isn't the Intense car in the 10's already? How will it be a "killer" if you are still losing by a full second or more? I thought about it as well. I have a 3800S2 in the garage ALL ready for a "big as your head" turbo. But then I actually got to see pics of the car they have. Then I realized they have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY to much money. So, I just let it go by the wayside :lol:

Yes, the intense turbo car runs low 10's. I think 10.1's IIRC. Obviously, and 11 second car will not be an "Intense Killer." Low 12's/high 11's with a Turbo DOHC 3.4 is not going to impress anyone if your goal is to beat the intense turbo car. It would embarrass the hell out of you. It puts out like 550whp.

Shawn

Well, since he's using a 4T60e on it, I'm guessing its not RWD. :wink:

Shawn

I didn't even pay any attention to that. :oops: