90moddedtgp

the other day a lady brought her tgp up to my work to get fixed. it needed an alternator and a water pump. so we gave her a total and she did not like it so i told her i would give her 300 for the car. she said no way and then a week later she called me and asked if i still wanted it. of course i said yes so i went and picked it up. this wass an expensive on to. it has the sunroof leather and the cd player in it the body is in pretty good shape. it needs a bumper and some polishing. but runs and drives fine. i will try to post some pics of both tgp's soon any ways thought i got a good deal and wanted to share it with every one

no i live in kansas. also i am trying to get some pictures up. sorry it took so long to get back to you i had to blow away my computer. they should be their today or tomorrow

i've actually seen 2 white TSTEs and a red TGP here in Wyoming. just none for sale :( oh well maybe someday.

Ummm....I took a trip to ZZPerformance to pick up some things a few weeks ago, and saw 2 TGP's within about 2 miles of each other. I see TGP's once or twice a month around here (other than the 2 I see everyday). I've seen a few for sale as well, but usually the are junk, unfortunately.

Shawn

Shawn,

Just think what Zoomer could do with an TGP :D :D . I e-mailed him and told him his next project should be one for the purpse of spanking intense!!

Thomas

Well, he can't do anymore than you could do yourself. He's not a god, he has just done a lot of work/research on 3800's so he knows what needs to be done to make power, and knows what to make stronger so they don't break with that power. If he wants a turbo car to spank intense, they will build a 3800 Turbo car (in which they already have, and it runs 11's on completely stock internals) to do so.

Tim (known as Turbo Tim on club GP), who works for ZZP (and also has the 11 second turbo GP), has looked at my STE and my dads TGP Coupe numerous times, and said it is a very good setup. With a decent turbo and some good fuel injectors they would go 12's easily. There isn't enough money involved in the TGP aftermarket, due to their rarity, so it wouldn't be worth if for ZZP, as a buisness, to build one up. If you want them to make it fast I'm sure you can work with them and have them give you suggestions. I talk to them quite a bit...but most of what I talk to them about concerns my dads GTP, not a Turbo car.

Shawn

I agree with what you said there is not much after market for the tgp's. but if you look hard enough you can find it.by the way we took the tgp for the first drive today. it ran good, but we had the turbo down just to make sure things would go the way they were planned. we were only pushing about 7 psi. i have an 02 gt mustangand i drivingitand mydad wasin the tgp and he won by about a car. so we are letting it cool down right now and we are going to turn itup to about 15-16 psi. and see how it runs. anyways i am going to stop talking i was just happy it ran so well better than i planned.because i am running 13.9 in the 1/4 in my stang so it runs pretty damn good

here are two of the pics having som trouble will get them working soon though. by the way those pics are not good ones. more will be coming and also those are not of the same car. The gauges are in the one with all the work done to it. The one with the bad bumper is the new i just bought.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22423&highlight=

Guest TurboSedan
we were only pushing about 7 psi. i have an 02 gt mustangand i drivingitand mydad wasin the tgp and he won by about a car.

wow, i don't know how you pulled that off! :think: i would be surprised if a TGP could pull a low 15 with only 7psi. 15-16psi might be too high considering the relatively high 8.8:1 CR and the small turbocharger. even if you did want to go past 14-15psi (or whatever fuel cut is on the stock TGP cal) you would need to use an adjustable overboost eliminator such as a ziener diode.

there is a whole list of stuff done to the motor.we have done some head work, msd, msd coils, forged rods and pistons, roller rockers, crane cam, exhaust, and the turbo is not stock it is a garett gt28rs, gutted x over pipe. 170 thermostat, jeff m custom chip. i am sure i am forgetting some things any ways we have some time and money in to it but it is fun 15-16 should not be to high because i ran about 13-14 on a completly stock car

Guest TurboSedan

looks good, but i wouldn't want to look way down there to check the gauges if i was racing. are those Autometer Ultralite gauges? i almost bought those last week for my GTS but went with the Phantom series instead. too bad gauge pillar pods aren't readily available for the TGP :(

i would be surprised if a TGP could pull a low 15 with only 7psi.

My STE went 14.968 @ 91.79 on 6psi boost...I also dynoed 182.2whp with the same amount of boost.

Just so you know though, the stock boost cut is 9psi on a TGP, and you really don't run to run more than about 8 or so. You ran 13psi on a stock TGP? So you eliminated the boost cut?

Shawn