Wiper recall! how do u get to cruise/blinker switches???

Steve94CutlassConver.

Hi, new around here , but looks like there is much info here , better than some of the newsgroups .

I have a question for the group concerning the wiper system recall back in March 97 on 94 model cutlass' . Has anyone had this done ?

My cruise / blinkers ( inside and out lights ) stopped working and anti-lock idiot dash light came on all at once the other day . I tinkered around under the dash , and then checked all the fuses , under hood and under the glovebox ( who in the gm brainstorming process came up with that location ?? ) all were fine , replaced them with new anyway .

Got blinkers / brake lights and cruise back , anti-lock light off now( by just messing with the turn lever / pod / cruise ) Now I have no wipers !! Took to gm dealer and they wanted $600 to fix , said my blinker and flasher switches were going bad even though they are working?

I took car home and popped off the cover and found a yellow w/ white stripe wire off inside the colum . I noticed the wire earlier about the time the wipers quit but how to get inside and hook wire back up is where I'm stuck , do not want the air bag busting me in my face !!!

Thanks for your time ,

Steve