92 Lumina Euro 3.4 issues....

havikx

new to the site and loving it...anyways..

i got a euro 3.4 lumina with the DOHC 3.4 v6. couple of questions...

1. which is harder...moving the battery to the side where the airbox was or to the trunk for the CAI?

2. would draining all my fluids and switching to royal purple help my HP/TORQUE?

3. the tube running down the bottom of my radiator is not connected to anything...is it an excess runoff drain?

4. my "low coolant" light wont shut off even though i'm always checking and filling the coolant. WTF?!

5. service engine light is throwing and hissy fit and comes on every once in a while but then shuts off for the next few start ups. any ideas?

6. i get an odd lawnmower type noise for the first few times i hit 2nd gear...only high end second gear..but after a minute or so..its stops...what could it possibly be?

7. odd chugging noise coming from the area of the timing belts but they are runnin fine...cam gears maybe?

8. besides the intake and royal purple swap...any other cheap little mods for some tiny horsepower or torque gains?

sorry for the questions but there is so much i dont know about my rare monstrosity.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• havikx

• maybe2fast

• gp90se

• z34_nut

TDC??? Lost... :confused:

She is quite the sleeper though...too bad those are older pics of the engine in my sig. i got a cleaner block with a cone that i'm going to make a CAI as hinted at by my above post.

other than that...bunch of neons inside and some outside. no pics yet.

1) put it in the trunk, same amount of work as moving it 2 the other side and that way its completely outta the way, also looks cleaner

2) might a tad, but I would if I had the $. Better protection and longer life in both the engine and tranny.

3) overflow tube

4) there's a coolant sensor thats shot, i think its on the rad. change it

5) prolly the o2 sensor, get a paper-clip and check

6) uhhh, id have 2 hear it

7) have you changed the belt tensioner (sp?)

8] 2 1/2 mandrel bent pipes, high flow cat and mufflers, FFP chip, FFP dogbone, FFP crank pully, Aarons custom headers ( )

9) throw a 5 speed into it and really enjoy what that motor can do in the higher RPMs

8] 2 1/2 mandrel bent pipes, high flow cat and mufflers, FFP chip, FFP dogbone, FFP crank pully, Aarons custom headers ( :o )

headers??!!! REALLY? i've been looking for some custom headers but no1 has a EURO 3.4 to use as an experiment car. how much would said headers cost installed (only doing minor engine work)???

that was more of a joke, aaron made himself a set, had 2 cut the subframe iirc. if u want a couple of manifolds 2 port/polish for better flow, PM me and i might have an extra set

EDIT: TDC = twin dual cam, TDOHC= twin dual over head cam, LQ1 = 3.4, L67 = boat anchor :lol:

EDIT: TDC = twin dual cam, TDOHC= twin dual over head cam, LQ1 = 3.4, L67 = boat anchor :lol:

ha...just getting used to the acronims of my car. i could have a LQ1 TDOHC then. kewl!

I might get the anchor...i mean L67 after this engine dies. its only got 73xxx on it. not bad for a 92.

speaking of sleepers...L67 in a Lumi 3.4.. :D

hey welecome to the board.

the ses light, i belive there is dircetions on how to check what the ses light means on the main page of this site.

the coolant light i think thats just a sensor, a common problem, however i haven't had it so i woulden't know how to fix it

the timing belt noise, from what i'm told a perfectly timed car shoulden't make any noise from there, you may want to pull the inspection cover and see if the belt needs changed (ie black hairs, damaged belt in general)

I'd love to have a euro 3.4 i was recently looking at a very beat one recently, but i passed on it for now at least.

and by chance you aren't that guy who has the painted out interior in his euro 3.4?

:(

/me hugs his L67

Anyways, you could make that one a nice sleeper having the 3.4 and all. Mileage isnt to bad either. treat her right, she wont disappoint you (to much (being the LQ1 and all))

Disclaimer: Not flaming the LQ1, just saying it can be tempermental at times

Anyways, you could make that one a nice sleeper having the 3.4 and all. Mileage isnt to bad either. treat her right, she wont disappoint you (to much (being the LQ1 and all))

Disclaimer: Not flaming the LQ1, just saying it can be tempermental at times

tell me about it dude...sometimes i love her, sometimes i hate her. she is a sleeper though...unsuspecting civics love the fact that a 4 door sedan wants to race, hates the fact that they lose to it! :lol:

and for those who want photo's...here ya go.

585160_21.jpg

welcome to the boards!! having a relatively low mileage 3.4 is a rare find!!! 73xxx isnt bad at all.

I think there are at least 1 other euro 3.4 owners on the board. one i can think of, i think his user name is Manny, or something like that.

Present and accounted for. Yep I've got a Euro 3.4 - loads of fun - looks just like a regular Euro until you read the door badges, and even then most people (except for W-body lovers like us) don't know the difference anyway.

I've had people laugh at me and ask, Why'd you put duals on a Euro (like its a crime) ...they never realized some came stock.

Wecome to the place you belong...

....That chugging noise you were referring to near your timing belts... :shock:

check under your inpection cover like White93z34 suggested. Your timing belt may have started to walk, and rub against the inspection cover making that weird noise (I had the same problem). If that's the case change your timing belt idler pullies, when they get old, they stop holding the belt in place (asap- they will shred your belt eventually). Get the replacements from the dealer, your local parts shop will never know what you're talking about. (you'll end up with a drivebelt idler pulley).

... oh yeah - your low coolant light. There is a low coolant sensor on the radiator just south of your cam inspection covers. Yours may be shot.

wow..thats nice...i'm the 2nd or 3rd 3.4 euro on here and apparently you guys had fun with bashing me while i wasnt registered...then when i registered...i had friends. until i brought it up and every1 shut up. nice. my paint is furthest thing from rice ever and some1 had the balls to call it rice when i'm on a team called honda hunters...idiots. i think this board needs to show some respect. you wanna bash people...join face the jury.

wow..thats nice...i'm the 2nd or 3rd 3.4 euro on here and apparently you guys had fun with bashing me while i wasnt registered...then when i registered...i had friends. until i brought it up and every1 shut up. nice. my paint is furthest thing from rice ever and some1 had the balls to call it rice when i'm on a team called honda hunters...idiots. i think this board needs to show some respect. you wanna bash people...join face the jury.

your a wounderful waste of a 3.4 :thumbsup:

hiding?

nice painted shift knob, Krylon! ;)

seriuosly, its a little clip that holds it on. it doesnt count if you hunt for hondas just to ask their owners how to paint the dash.

it is rice, but at least you're trying to learn about your engine. thats 100% more than i can say about most ricers.

hiding?

nice painted shift knob, Krylon! ;)

seriuosly, its a little clip that holds it on. it doesnt count if you hunt for hondas just to ask their owners how to paint the dash.

it is rice, but at least you're trying to learn about your engine. thats 100% more than i can say about most ricers.

:smilielol: <--- He says it all

not for nothing but...

1. no1 on this site has the balls to mod their w-bodys so manybe some1 should try that before you start bashing. and acually, the shift knob is modded now to so all of ya can shut the F U C K up about it.

2. don, what you need to do is stop runnin your little mouth cuz your lumina is a piece of crap. you think your fast in a 3.1? its total stock and you sayed it had what...180 HP? no. race me...then we'll see if i'm rice.

not for nothing but...

1. no1 on this site has the balls to mod their w-bodys so manybe some1 should try that before you start bashing. and acually, the shift knob is modded now to so all of ya can shut the F U C K up about it.

2. don, what you need to do is stop runnin your little mouth cuz your lumina is a piece of crap. you think your fast in a 3.1? its total stock and you sayed it had what...180 HP? no. race me...then we'll see if i'm rice.

1. your still gay.

2. theres plenty of "modded" w-bodies on this site...its more like people have the "brains" to stay away from krylon.

3.so your shift knob is "modded" huh? what, with some saweet neon switches glued to the top?

4.i don't think you understand the definition of rice....ricers use stickers, neons, and paint to cover up how stupid they really are.

and finally, your still gay.

right I am all stock...besides my intake, gutted cat. and high flow muffler, chip and higher stall torque converter. bone stock here!

Oh! I just installed a DIC in the car, if you even know what that is, and not to mention all my exterior shit!

check the sig if I forgot anything