October 12th, 2004- OHC Completed.. Pics, Pg 6..

Dirty Rockstar

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dirty Rockstar

• Baddflash

• slick

• jeremy

The sockets look like something you'd find on your sidemarker lights. Rubber-like housings that accept a 194 bulb. I'll grab a pic of the ones for my GP's license plate lights and post them tonite :wink: ...

Hey Steve

That OHC is looking killer 8) I just got the M.O. from you in the mail today. I cant wait to see pics of your car when its totally done. Awesome work!!!

Looking really good Steve. :thumbsup: I really hate too but I may have to copy you with the placement of the UB3 buttons. I would rather put them under the DIC but I haven't the room to use the original buttons and it's really hard to maintain the factory look if you don't use factory parts, plus it looks so much easier to do. Don't worry I'll try to do it differntly then you with a different OHC.

I still don't get why you're having so much trouble with the idiots , but I guess I need to remember we're taking slightly different approaches to this.

I intend to wire it all up as it was originally done in the UB3 cluster, and therefore maintaining the single plug from the cluster to the car, with the exception of the buttons of course. Because I'm wiring it like that I don't even have to worry about if there any positive grounds or what wire goes where cause I'm just copying the original PCB's with loose wires, so no differences.

I'd strongly recommend you do it that way cause atleast you won't be guessing and it's actually easier, but it's up to you.

Either way I'll help ya if I can, good luck.

Heres a sneak peek of my UB3 in process:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/386000-386999/386684_115_full.jpg

I just need to finish the front bezel and find a place for those 3 buttons. Other then that it's pretty much done and should be going in soon although I'm moving so I may not have the time for awhile.

Wow.. Looks great Baddflash.. Totally killer.. Mine looks a lot like that.. But I am definately taking a slightly different approach.. The only light I would idealy like to have on the left side of the cluster is the left turn signal.. The other 7 on the other side of it where there's room.. I plan to use the Base Lumina's lighting syste.. The Low cool, Brake, etc.. Little squares make it easier, and take up less space.. I want to run the new lights from the harnesses that come off the UB3, so its still a single harness entering the unit.. Ill be on Yahoo around 10 PM my time, so.. Ill catch up with ya then..

omg omg omg omg omg now you need to get your ass over here thursday so we can fich the hvac shit and maybe start the wiring it all together in one big happy GM wire mess

It'll be done real soon.. I need it done.. Gonna take a stab in the dark and say that if Disco comes through with the sockets I think he's talkin about, then my plan should work.. I thinkn it will.. PLUS, those make mounting bulbs a snap! Just an FYI, a bunch of shit has started happening, and now completion of this may be a little later. Oh well.. I'll continue the updates as they come in 8)

I feel like quitting.. I am seriously thinking of giving up on this..Why continue? Nothing is happening.. No advancements.. I shoudl justy throw the shit away and repair my interior.. Fuck it is what I feel like saying.. Its cold, I have no heat.. Mt speedometer is hanginf by its wires.. And the dash is falling off the car.. FUCK IT!! I want it either done, or back to stock.. Go damn.. Make it end.. :evil: :x :x :x :evil:

I feel like quitting.. I am seriously thinking of giving up on this..Why continue? Nothing is happening.. No advancements.. I shoudl justy throw the shit away and repair my interior.. Fuck it is what I feel like saying.. Its cold, I have no heat.. Mt speedometer is hanginf by its wires.. And the dash is falling off the car.. FUCK IT!! I want it either done, or back to stock.. Go damn.. Make it end.. :evil: :x :x :x :evil:

:? What happened you were all amped up to finish this project and now you want to give up? Did something happen to set you back?

Come on Steve, you're so close! I've felt like that lots during this project and when I do I just leave it alone till my opinion changes. You've worked so hard on it I hate to see you scrap it. It's too bad you're so far away cause I'd head down to your place and help you finish it right now.

Can you still put your old heater controls back in?Or is that cut already? If you can I'd say put the car back together stock and finish the project at your liesure, it won't stress you out so much.

Just be glad you didn't wake up to a half foot of snow like I did this morning, sucks. Especially since I still haven't got a replacement dash for my winter car, so the leftover pieces are just hanging there.

Let me know if I can be any help.