October 12th, 2004- OHC Completed.. Pics, Pg 6..

Dirty Rockstar

Lookin good, man! I just gotta dig this up from another thread:

huckster.JPG

Did you really use Gorilla Glue on plastic? I thought it only worked well on wood (and man is that shit messy!!!)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dirty Rockstar

• Baddflash

• slick

• jeremy

Yea, I used Gorilla Glue on the plastic.. It worked REAL well.. No problems for me, lol.. It wasnt to messy either.. I used it to reassemble the housing for the cluster too.. The shit HOLDS and STICKS together like white on rice.. But yea, it says ity can be used on most anything.. And dammit, it sticks to shit, lwt me tell you, lol.. I had to dremmel some drops off my coffee table, and some excess off my fingers, as I wasnt really feeling the idea of chiseling it off my person. Hell, Ima use it to repair my peeling dash! Again, thank you for all the feedback.. It makes me feel as if I did a good job.. Thanks guys! Disco, BTW, you images are all broken man!

Disco, BTW, you images are all broken man!
I don't know what the hell was up with that. I think qwest.net's server must've been down or something, but it looks like everything's working again...

looks good....I like how you are wearing the same pants again...

LOL.. That pic is just a reuse from the first page.. I am wearin my jkeans in ther newer ones :wink:

Chris.. Negative.. lol.. Theyre easy enough to make though.. I plan to have this fuckin thing DONE very soon.. Then the interior can begin it's process, turning over to black..Im gonna deviate from the OHC for now, and begin adding the HVAC housing, and hacking the DIC's new home.. Then, Ill work on the wiring.. I figured Im adding over 200' of wires to the car for all this stuff.. Gonna kick ass.. I want it done though.. :roll:

10/12- Update- The Overhead console is complete minus DIC Control wire harnesses, and UB3 fucnction wire harnesses.. I went with flat black as the color for this.. I didnt want to go hi-gloss.. Plus, my color choces were limitied to Flat red, flat black, or hi-gloss brass.. Knock my color choice if you want, but I think I made the right one.. Just as before, feedback, positive, or negative, is always welcome! Enjoy!

274035_106_full.jpg

DIC Button panels from Day One..

274035_107_full.jpg

Overhead console from Day One.. Yes, another Re-use from the first page..

274035_130_full.jpg

The DIC button bezel.. In it's new home..

274035_128_full.jpg

The UB3 function buttons.. Overall a good spot, except making sure the buttons would work solidly was a challenge..

274035_131_full.jpg

Lookin rough.. Everything at this point was pretty much there to stay..

274035_134_full.jpg

Again, This shit ain't goin anywhere..

274035_133_full.jpg

The Primered product.. Looks pretty slick now, and the primer color is actually VERY similar to the light grays of my Lumina's interior.. Weird..

274035_136_full.jpg

ALL the function parts that needed to be replaced inside the console.. A lot of this was simply done.. It just looks like a lot..

274035_137_full.jpg

The finished product.. Minus like said before, the DIC Control harnesses, and the UB3 Contol harnesses..

274035_138_full.jpg

Another finished view.. I actually like the flat black on this.. It looks killer..

274035_139_full.jpg

A closer view of the UB3 controls.. Lookin stellar.. I think this was a neat spot, because the OHC can't even hold a cell phone.. It just slides out of it.. This way here, I didn't need to cut into my actual dash to mount all this stuff.. Ad make the car look "Not factory".. This unit actually looks like a GM original part because I used as much of the original GM plastic, buttons, etc. as I could.. I showed pics to some people yesterday, and they wanted the GM Part Number.. I gave them the SI Part number instead.. (The Steve Incredible Part number.. 1..!) Now that this is done, I can get back to the idiot lights, and see where I can go.. I am just gonna try and see if my plan to run the corresponding wires to bulbs.. Or there was another option: Use the Lumina BASE cluster's printed circuit to power the bulbs.. I may try that.. This is all coming together, and I think it's pretty kick ass.. Comments.. Good, Bad, Ugly, Good Pizza Joints.. Its all welcome.. Thanks for lookin! Watch for more as this project draws to a close.. Thanks all! 8)

Awesome work, although I would have gone with a satin black instead of flat because that would've looked a little more like a factory part. Also, your sunroof controls (i think?) look to be a little out of place. I think i would have gone through the trouble of bondoing those in so it all looked like one piece. Other than that, excellent job, you got some talent!

Thats pretty damn sweet! So when you doing mine?

LOL Chris.. Soon.. hehe.. Soon.. Actually, Im gonna tally up the total when the project is 100% complete, and then start doing these.. For GPs, Regals, Cuttys, and my FAVORITE.. Luminii.. When its done, Ill be able to whip these bad boys out in a weekend.. And when I have the money AT HAND to do this, I can do it easier too..

Awesome work, although I would have gone with a satin black instead of flat because that would've looked a little more like a factory part. Also, your sunroof controls (i think?) look to be a little out of place. I think i would have gone through the trouble of bondoing those in so it all looked like one piece. Other than that, excellent job, you got some talent!

Well, I have no money, so the $.94 can of flat black did the trick.. LOL.. THe ASC controls I have like that for a reason.. Because if you look at the way they are mounted on the side, they look like they rise off the unit.. I wanted it to look just the factory "tacked" it on the way they did the GPs, and Regals with the ASC controls.. But that's all just the way I wanted to do it, hehe.. If I do these things for people, I will do it the way they request.. It wont be just me copying what I did.. Thanks for the comments! Keep em coming! 8)

hot damn thats very, very good looking. you increadable work.

how do you supose the fiberglass will hold up to the climate changes?

It should hold up alright.. We'll just have to see, won't we? lol.. I need to get the fiberglass to add the HVAC housing..

I don't have an overhead console :?

Add one! lol.. Or if you'd like, build one up! LOL.. Or pay me to build one with the functions you desire.......... :wink:

That looks awesome! So do you have to run a bundle of wires down now?

Do I ever.. About 200 feet of wire needs to be added to the car for the DIC control harnesses, the UB3 control harnesses, and the sunroof.. UB3 needs some wires added.. LOL.. Tons of wiring all over the place.

God damn man!! Thats a ton of wires!!!!!! :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly:

Anyways, since my car is running good now, I won't need you to make me a OHC. I have a bit of a different plan for my car. Deals with some 'glassing of a different sort.

Nice work, my man! As far as those wires go, try running ribbon cable, it takes up less space :wink: ...

As far as those remaining idiot lights go, you could try using individually wired sockets (like the rubber ones you can buy at the auto parts store) and wiring them straight to the harness. Just a thought...

I may do that.. It all needs to go between the roof and headliner.. Pluse it needs to be waterproofed in case the sunroof decides to spring a leak.. Disco, elaborate on these sockets you are speaking of.. Please,I need this done rather quickly as the HVAC is almost ready, and the OHC.. Well.. Is ready too..